NBC6 APC Associate
Location: Miramar, Florida
Specialty: Television & Film, Video
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
Duration: Full Time
Salary Description: competitive
Responsible for assisting in the operation of the automated equipment used in the production of a television broadcast. Will assume the responsibilities of the APC (Automated Production Control) Operator or Production Associate when assigned. Assists the APC operator with the preparation of all broadcasts, PSA's, commercials, client shoots, etc. Monitors and will be actively involved with quality assurance, automation system interfaces/inputs, and other equipment used for television production and on-air station operations. This includes, but is not limited to: electronic graphics, audio, server operation, video playback, live-shot/field communications, commercial monitoring/integration and robotics.Responsible for Robotic camera operations/camera setup/shading/facilities readiness and pre-show equipment checks.Performs various station and/or remote operator duties for production of live and taped programming, news, station promotion, community service projects, commercials, and other productions. Performs other related duties as assigned as outlined in the operating procedures.
• Minimum of 2 years previous related production work experience in one or more of the following areas: Director, Assistant Director, Electronic Graphics, audio, camera operations and/or camera robotics.
• Strong Computer Skills: Minimum 3 years of experience with computer applications working and monitoring multiple screens and software applications simultaneously in a broadcast environment.
• Must be willing to work at the station in Miramar location
• Must be willing to take drug test and submit to a background investigation
• Must be 18 years or older
• Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
• Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
• Knowledge of television production techniques and operating production equipment
• 1+ years experience with Automated Production Control systems (Ross OverDrive or Grass Valley Ignite preferred)
• Associates or BA degree in Telecommunications or related field or currently enrolled in a college working toward a degree preferred
• Should be capable or willing to learn and perform the skill set of APC Operator
• Displays a positive work ethic and can work under tight deadlines
• High degree of integrity and professionalism
• Up to date on and interested in current news events
• Strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
• Ability to work well and communicate with others
• Familiarity with iNEWS, ENPS, Dalet or equivalent newsroom computer systems
• Familiarity with Omneon, EVS, or other server based playback operation
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It’s our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU’s vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It’s what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBCUniversal’s policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.