Destination DC, Washington, DC USA
Destination DC serves as the lead organization to manage & market Washington DC
Salary: Salary commensurate with experience
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
About the Job
Destination DC (DDC), the official convention and tourism corporation for our nation's capital, is looking for a dynamic marketing professional who is passionate about Washington, DC and social media to join our organization's Marketing & Communications team.
The Marketing & Communications team at Destination DC develops brand messaging and marketing strategy for the product we represent: Washington, DC. Our department consists of graphic designers, content developers, social media specialists, advertising planners, PR gurus, event activators and more. We are responsible to shaping the positive image and identity of Washington, DC as a top-notch destination for locals, visitors and convention attendees to enjoy.
Destination DC: A great place to work
Join the team of outstanding professionals at DDC. We offer excellent benefits, a collaborative workplace culture and have fun promoting the city we love. DDC offers 10% 401-K employer match, 100% of commuter benefits, generous personal time off, top-quality medical plans, partial cell phone reimbursement and more. Employees shape our workplace values through participation in committees including DEI, Accessibility, Sustainability and Employee Action – which makes recommendations related to workplace amenities, culture and recognition.
The team is currently working a hybrid-schedule, 2 to 3 days a week from home.
The primary role of the Marketing Specialist is to develop and execute Destination DC’s social media influencer marketing. Requirements for this include securing influencer talent and contracts, coordinating itineraries for each visit, supporting influencers as needed during their stays and qualifying the return on investment. This person will also work with the paid media team gathering and submitting required assets (images/video/copy) for advertising campaigns. This position reports to the Director of Marketing and is required by the Marketing & Communications department of Destination DC to help reach its goals and to fulfill its mission as the destination marketing organization for the nation’s capital.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (include the following, but are not limited to)
1. Manages Destination DC’s social media influencer visits and the media campaigns associated with these. The Marketing Specialist is responsible for managing all aspects of influencer trips developed to support the goals of Destination DC. This includes finding and vetting influencer talent, negotiating contracts, coordinating itineraries specific to each trip, supporting influencers as needed during their stays and qualifying the return on investment.
2. Works with the SVP of Marketing and Communications, Director of Marketing and Marketing Manager to develop an annual strategy for paid influencer marketing. Develops a strategic calendar showing the targets and tactics that will be deployed each quarter.
3. Works with the SVP of Marketing and Communications and the Director of Marketing to develop standard operating procedures for the influencers working with Destination DC.
4. Develops reports on all social media influencer trips, gathering the assets, content and data due to Destination DC. Organizing all media within approved Destination DC platforms.
5. Works with the Director of Marketing to develop and maintain a budget for influencer trips and associated media campaigns.
6. Works with and supports the Marketing Manager in gathering assets to fulfill advertising plans. Selects and organizes images, videos and content, then delivers these to vendors. Meets advertising deadlines.
7. Works closely with the Partnerships & Alliances team to strategize member and partner inclusion in influencer campaigns.
8.Tracks member and partner inclusion in influencer and advertising campaigns and uploads this to Destination DC’s CRM.
9. Delivers quality service to internal and external customers.
Experience, Competencies & Education
1. Four-year degree from an academic institution in public relations, marketing, journalism or communications preferred.
2.Minimum of 3 years’ experience working in social media, marketing and/or advertising.
3.Excellent oral and written skills including a command of English grammar, usage and vocabulary.
4.Excellent organizational skills.
5.Strong attention to detail and proofreading skills.
6.Strong proficiency and working knowledge of Microsoft Access, Excel, Power Point and Word.
7.Travel/Hospitality Industry experience or knowledge a plus.
8.Ability to work as a team as well as independently.
9.Relies on experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals.
10.The candidate must be fully vaccinated for COVID-19.
To Apply: Submit resume and cover letter with salary requirements.
DESTINATION DC IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
About Destination DC
Destination DC serves as the lead organization to successfully manage and market Washington, DC as a premier global convention, tourism and special events destination, with a special emphasis on the arts, cultural and historical communities.
By developing and executing centralized and cohesive sales and marketing strategies, Destination DC generates economic development for the city through tourism and meetings. In 2018, visitor spending totaled $7.8 billion, representing more than $851 million in new tax dollars for the District of Columbia. Washington, DC welcomed a record 22.8 million visitors in 2017 – a record high that includes more than 2 million overseas visitors. (See the full list of visitor research facts & figures.)
Destination DC is a private, non-profit corporation with a membership of 1,000+ businesses and organizations that support the DC travel and tourism sector. A contracting arm of Events DC, the organization is funded by a percentage of DC’s hotel occupancy tax, along with membership dues and co-operative marketing fees.