Senior Social Media Editor, Brides
Dotdash Media Inc., New York, NY USA
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Salary min: $70,000
Salary max: $80,000
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Brides is seeking a full-time Senior Social Media Editor to join our team.
We are looking for a savvy social media enthusiast with a passion for all things wedding related, who is eager to help increase our following and engagement across platforms. The senior social media editor will work with the Brides editorial team and assistant social media editor to promote our best content across our Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, Flipboard, and TikTok to increase traffic and foster brand engagement.
The right candidate will demonstrate a deep understanding of the Brides brand and aesthetic. They will also be able to conceptualize and execute a strategic plan for growing our reach across various platforms through smart content creation and curation, whether that means collaborating with influencers and industry experts, creating compelling Instagram Stories, or launching original franchises.
The Senior Social Media Editor will report to the Senior News Editor. This position is based in New York City.
About Your Contributions
- Work closely with associate editorial director to define, shape, and implement Brides editorial strategy, content, and brand voice on social media
- Act as the brand lead and voice on all social platforms while managing and providing direction and feedback to supporting editors on Facebook and Pinterest
- Create and manage content calendar for TikTok, Instagram, Facebook, Pinterest
- Oversee talent outreach and cultivate relationships to secure exclusive stories and partnerships
- Capture original content for Instagram, Pinterest, and TikTok
- Generate and analyze performance reports for all of our social media platforms, and use these reports to inform future strategy
- Create and present social strategy decks on a monthly cadence
- Manage social budget
- Work closely with the sales team on the creation and promotion of sponsored content
- At least 5 years experience managing a brand's social media platforms
- Expert-level proficiency with writing, editing, and curation of content on social networks such as Instagram, Pinterest, Facebook, Flipboard and TikTok
- Experience with and enthusiasm for using analytics tools to create reports and inform strategy
- Experience with social media schedulers (ex. Dash Hudson, Tailwind, etc.)
- Experience with visual storytelling, creating pins, and basic photography
- A love for all things related to weddings and Brides
- Based in NYC, willing to travel on a quarterly basis
About Dotdash Media Inc.
Dotdash Media is the largest digital and print publisher in America. From mobile to magazines, nearly 200 million people trust us to help them make decisions, take action, and find inspiration. Dotdash Media's over 40 iconic brands include PEOPLE, Better Homes & Gardens, Verywell, Food & Wine, The Spruce, Allrecipes, Byrdie, REAL SIMPLE, Investopedia, and Southern Living.
Dotdash Media embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit, and business needs. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash Media. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash Media recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Media recruiter. If you are in conversations about a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Want to learn more about Dotdash Media Inc.? Visit Dotdash Media Inc.'s website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands