Editor, The Balance and Investopedia
Dotdash, New York, NY USA
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Dotdash is seeking a Contract Editor for their finance brands, The Balance and Investopedia! In this role, you will assign and edit product reviews, comparisons, and “best of” lists of financial products specifically in the areas of home & auto insurance, deposit accounts, and loans. You will be responsible for making sure we have the most thorough, well-researched, reliable, and insightful banking and insurance content to educate and empower readers so they can take the next step, whatever it is.
The ideal candidate will have a deep understanding of banking and insurance products and have demonstrated experience creating reviews of banks, insurance companies, and lenders, as well as of comparative ratings and “top” lists of various banking and insurance products. Such products include savings accounts, checking accounts, car insurance, personal loans, and student loans. This is a contract role with possibility of conversion to permanent.
About Your Contributions
- Work with the Editorial Director and senior editors to develop rating methodologies and editorial guidelines designed to deliver the highest quality and most actionable advice in the category.
- Source and on-board high-quality new freelance writers as needed, sending out paperwork and approving monthly invoices.
- Assign, edit, and publish new reviews and top lists of financial institutions and products.
- Function as subject-matter expert for banking, insurance, and loans.
- 5+ years of experience publishing banking and/or insurance reviews and recommendations.
- Experience developing and executing methodologies for evaluating financial products.
- Strong editorial skills and keen sense of how to develop content that serves a targeted reader need.
- Demonstrated experience working with freelance editors and writers to create great content at scale.
- Excellent project management skills, attention to detail, ability to multitask, and verbal/written communication skills.
- Self-starter who can develop scrappy solutions to solve challenges impeding your roadmap.
- Strong desire to help make people smarter in their financial lives.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 90 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Lifewire, Byrdie, MyDomaine, TripSavvy, Brides, Liquor.com, TreeHugger, Mother Nature Network, and ThoughtCo.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. We reach over 100 million people each month, more than 35% of the U.S. online population, according to comScore, and are one of the largest content publishers on the Internet. Dotdash brands collectively have won more than 50 industry awards in the last year alone, and are among the fastest-growing in their categories. Our brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Spruce, The Balance, Byrdie, MyDomaine, Brides, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, Treehugger and ThoughtCo.
Want to learn more about Dotdash? Visit Dotdash's website.
Our cornerstone is knowledge of the home, family, food and lifestyle markets.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Writer - (REMOTE) Mountain View - Via Company Shuttle
Creative Circle, Mountain View, CA, US
Speed Read and Annotate Non-Fiction Books (Part-Time/Full-Time...
Shortform, Remote, Work from Anywhere, Work from Home