Commerce Finance Manager
Dotdash, New York, NY USA
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
About Your Role:
Dotdash is looking for a Commerce Finance Manager to join our team, focusing on strategic business decision support, analysis, and reporting for our Commerce business. You will support the senior business leaders with the goal of driving meaningful growth while partnering with our finance team in all aspects of forecasting and business results analysis. The role will compile, analyze and report on customer and retailer data for our transactional businesses. The position will also be integral to identifying new growth opportunities including building business cases supporting entry into new categories.
About Your Contributions:
- Lead critical financial and business decision support processes by providing comprehensive reporting and analytics to drive winning outcomes.
- Perform self-driven, data gathering to support partner business inquiries while being a self-starter capable of identifying, analyzing and communicating findings to leadership
- Partner with Finance to build robust and predictive financial models across brands, products, retail partners, and new business lines.
- Prepare weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc management reporting that evaluate commerce performance across multiple dimensions leading to recommendations for improvement
- Define requirements, identify data sources, process a large amount of data efficiently, create reporting, and manage the delivery of a wide range of financial analyses in a dynamic environment.
- 5 - 7 years of experience in Financial Planning & Analysis, investment banking, or consulting.
- Technical Skills: proficient in Excel, Looker, SQL
- Strong analytical skills; ability to learn rapidly about the business, retain the information, and apply to various analyses
- Ability to effectively communicate to all levels of the organization
- Willingness and ability to adjust to multiple tasks, shifting priorities, and rapid changes
- Highest standards of accuracy and precision; highly organized
- Self-motivation, passion, and extraordinary drive are highly desired
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about Dotdash? Visit Dotdash's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Jobs You May Like
Artist Operations Coordinator (Music) - Great Longterm Freelance!
Creative Circle, Culver City, CA, US
PMC: Director, International Brand & Partnership Operations
Penske Media Corporation, New York, NY USA