Dotdash, New York, NY USA, work from home
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Dotdash is seeking a freelance Video Producer to join the video team. The Video Producer will develop and produce instructional short-form series for site and social distribution. The Video Producer should be a creative force and experienced with high-volume production. You’ll have experience taking a series from concept to pilot and you can juggle all the logistics required to produce a volume of videos at once. You’re an obsessed watcher of digital video across all platforms, and you have the practical knowledge and experience to guide videos through the entire production lifecycle. As a Video Producer, you’ll be responsible for creative development of video ideas, overseeing production and post production, final asset delivery – and everything in between. The ideal producer has a contemporary sense of style and aesthetics, is a master of research and competitive analysis, and doesn’t miss a beat. The Video Producer role is an exciting role with a lot of creative freedom and a chance to have ownership over a wide variety of formats and topics across the suite of Dotdash properties. The Video Producer must be a strategic thinker with a can-do attitude who always finds a way to make things work. Proven experience producing videos for digital publishers and social media is a must. The Video Producer role is part to full time, freelance, with potential for growth.
- From brainstorming to on-schedule asset delivery, deliver videos that drive views and engagement
- Develop on-brand ways to illustrate video concepts. Take editorial goals and turn them into clever video concepts. Own shooting and editing style for key video franchises.
- Own pre-production, including research, casting/talent sourcing, scripting, crew, and location booking. Organize and coordinate shoots.
- Research and write scripts; develop treatments and shot lists, and create breakdowns
- Produce/Direct shoots as needed (remotely and/or in person, as Covid safety requirements allow)
- Execute, oversee, and deliver edits that illustrate a keen understanding of what works on one the web and social platforms
What we’re looking for:
- Extensive knowledge of producing and proven experience owning video projects from concept through delivery
- 5-8 years experience producing editorial video professionally for a digital publisher in the lifestyle space
- Adept at translating goals into inventive video concepts and formats; ability to capture and address stakeholder concerns while maintaining focus and creative vision
- Proficient in both editing and overseeing edits with a keen sense of pacing and style; Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Premiere proficiency required. Bonus points for AfterEffects skills.
- Superb organizational skills; thorough and detail oriented while managing multiple projects
- Proven ability to thrive in a fast-paced deadline-driven production environment; resourceful in every respect from digging up the perfect on-camera talent to swapping out a prop in a pinch.
- Stellar written and verbal communicator; impressive visual storytelling skills
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a firstname.lastname@example.org account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to email@example.com.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about Dotdash? Visit Dotdash's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands