Freelance Writer: Environmental Expert
Dotdash, Working from home
Dotdash brands help people find answers, solve problems, and get inspired.
Salary: Pay per article
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Treehugger—the only modern sustainability site that offers advice, clarity, and inspiration—is looking for an environmental writer who has advanced expertise in at least one of our core Treehugger areas and can write engaging content that helps our readers understand stories and issues through a sustainability lens. Writers should also be knowledgeable of some environmental topics outside of their expertise that we regularly cover on our site.
We are looking for writers with expertise in one or more of the following areas:
- Natural/environmental science
- Environmental policy
- Climate crisis
- Wildlife and/or animal rights
- Sustainable fashion and/or clean beauty
Writers will work independently on assignments, which are distributed on a monthly basis, as well as with editorial staff. This is a 12-month contracted position.
About Your Contributions
- Write a series of evergreen articles per month on a variety of environmental topics that engage and inspire readers
- Conduct thorough research of each article’s topic and present information with authority in original content
- Work with editorial staff throughout writing and editing process
- At least 1-3 years of experience writing online content (experience writing sustainability content preferred)
- Excellent verbal/written communication skills and attention to detail
- Demonstrable knowledge and experience in environmental area of focus
- Stellar writer with a knack for writing crisp, straightforward copy
- Willingness to work closely with editorial staff and follow a style guide
- Experience with a WordPress-style CMS
Dotdash's vibrant brands help over 100 million users each month find answers, solve problems, and get inspired. Dotdash is among the largest and fastest growing publishers online, and has won over 50 awards in the last year alone, including Digiday's 2020 Publisher of the Year. Dotdash brands include Verywell, Investopedia, The Balance, The Spruce, Simply Recipes, Serious Eats, Byrdie, Brides, MyDomaine, Lifewire, TripSavvy, Liquor.com, and TreeHugger.
Please be aware of fraudulent recruiters offering opportunities at Dotdash. Note that any correspondence with a member of the Dotdash recruiting team will come from a @dotdash.com or a email@example.com account belonging to a Dotdash Recruiter. If you are in conversations for a job opportunity and wish to confirm its validity, please reach out directly to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dotdash embraces inclusivity and values our diverse community. We are committed to building a team based on qualifications, merit and business need. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
Want to learn more about Dotdash? Visit Dotdash's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Creative, flexible part-time digital content producer needed (...
Liz Moody LLC, Remote, Work from USA