Senior Director of Multi-Format Production
Dow Jones, NEW YORK, NY
Powering the professional world
The Wall Street Journal is looking for a senior director of multi-format production to support its video and audio teams. We're looking for someone with excellent technical, engineering and production skills, a proactive vision, and strong team-management and collaboration skills. Because this is a small team, the director role is a hands-on position that works alongside video and audio engineers. The leader of this team will actively solve daily production challenges and engage with producers, video and audio journalists, hosts and editors in offices around the world.
You will be based in New York City and report to the Editorial Director, Video.
- Manage a small team of video and audio engineers who support the production of all video and audio content
- Maintain all video and audio studios and production facilities, as well as camera, sound and editing equipment
- Communicate clearly, concisely and regularly with leadership
- Source, budget and procure new equipment and technology
- Develop workflows that reduce or eliminate friction for all involved in production
- Oversee both taped and live production, upholding highest standards to limit errors
- Proactively work with the corporate technology team to ensure all equipment, studios and facilities are functioning and up to date
- Work with counterparts, producers and journalists in domestic and international bureaus to provide support, constantly improving workflow and maintaining consistent standards
- Be able to work late hours and weekends as news developments and time zone considerations may warrant
- Complete additional tasks as assigned
- At least ten years’ experience working in a non-fiction production environment, preferably one focused on producing digital news and feature coverage
- Expert understanding of video and audio production workflows and technologies, including transmissions, control rooms, networking, field and studio operations
- Experience executing production under tight deadline and budget constraints
If you'd like to apply, please submit a cover letter clearly outlining how your skills and experience meet the key candidate requirements.
Dow Jones , Making Careers Newsworthy
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability status. EEO/AA/M/F/Disabled/Vets .
Dow Jones is committed to providing reasonable accommodation for qualified individuals with disabilities, in our job application and/or interview process. If you need assistance or accommodation in completing your application, due to a disability, please reach out to us at TalentResourceTeam@dowjones.com . Please put “Reasonable Accommodation" in the subject line.
Business Area: NEWS/WSJ
Job Category: Production Group
The Wall Street Journal is a global news organization that provides leading news, information, commentary and analysis. The Wall Street Journal engages readers across print, digital, mobile, social, and video. Building on its heritage as the preeminent source of global business and financial news, the Journal includes coverage of U.S. and world news, politics, arts, culture, lifestyle, sports, and health. It holds 38 Pulitzer Prizes for outstanding journalism. The Wall Street Journal is published by Dow Jones, a division of News Corp (NASDAQ: NWS, NWSA; ASX: NWS, NWSLV).
If you are a current employee at Dow Jones, do not apply here. Please go to the Career section on your Workday homepage and view "Find Jobs - Dow Jones." Thank you.
Req ID: 21004