SEO Commerce Writer/Editor
E! News/NBCUniversal, Los Angeles, CA USA
Work at E! News/NBCUniversal
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
E! News Digital is looking for a freelance Commerce Writer/Editor to develop SEO shopping content, including evergreen articles, roundups and shopping guides. This person will also be responsible for creating and executing E!’s SEO commerce content strategy, in addition to providing SEO guidance to the larger team. The ideal candidate should be able to use data and analytics to drive editorial decisions with a firm understanding of SEO and affiliate marketing.
- Write & edit 2-3 articles daily, including sales, evergreen articles and gift guides
- Create and execute an SEO commerce content strategy based on seasonal search terms, trends, audience data, timely opportunities and long-term SEO goals
- Leverage SEO tools like Google Keywords, SimilarWeb and others to help plan content and track SEO performance against team and individual goals
- Analyze article templates, layouts and CMS features to ensure all content is search-friendly and displaying in the SERPs as intended.
- Coordinate with commerce team to plan and execute editorial calendar, including tentpole events and larger-scale projects
- Oversee and finalize updates to appropriate evergreen content on a timely basis to meet the editorial demands of the news cycle
- Participate in sales event coverage, including working shifts over some holiday weekends such as Memorial Day, Labor Day, Amazon Prime Day and Black Friday/Cyber Monday
- Monitor competitors, industry trends and how stories are performing to aid and optimize content strategy
- Bachelor’s degree
- Minimum 4 years professional experience writing and editing SEO-driven articles with a strong understanding of SEO best practices
- Excellent copy writing skills with brand-appropriate copy that drives action
- An idea-generator with opinions on how to meet and grow traffic and sales
- Interest in pop culture, entertainment, fashion, beauty and lifestyle
About E! News/NBCUniversal
Want to learn more about E! News/NBCUniversal? Visit E! News/NBCUniversal's website.
One of the largest broadband communications and video services providers in the United States