FFF Enterprises, Inc., Remote, Work from USA
Work at FFF Enterprises, Inc.
Salary min: $60,000
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
The Associate Editor works with the Editor-in-Chief to assist in various prior-to-print editing processes for FFF’s publishing division, including FFF’s two publications: IG Living and BioSupply Trends Quarterly. The Associate Editor is also responsible for supporting the marketing department’s marketing strategies by writing for advertising support, websites, blogs, e-alerts and social media outlets for the company.
The Associate Editor works in creative partnership with the Editor-in-Chief and members of the marketing team to ensure the completion and quality of written tasks and other marketing projects on time and on budget, while maintaining the highest level of production and aesthetic quality, and process efficiency.
Essential Functions and Duties
• Assist Editor-in-Chief with tasks related to the magazines.
• Participate in creative and strategic planning and execution of the magazines.
• Check the content, spelling, style and grammar of submitted articles.
• Perform research and fact-checking on topics for the magazines.
• Assist with magazine page layout proofing, including copy, art and advertisements.
• Write articles for the magazines, websites and social media sites as needed.
• Update the company’s social media and other online content.
• Adheres specifically to all company policies and procedures, Federal and State regulations and laws.
• Display dedication to position responsibilities and achieve assigned goals and objectives.
• Represent the Company in a professional manner and appearance at all times.
• Understand and internalize the Company’s purpose; Display loyalty to the Company and its organizational values.
• Display enthusiasm and dedication to learning how to be more effective on the job and share knowledge with others.
• Work effectively with co-workers, internal and external customers and others by sharing ideas in a constructive and positive manner; listen to and objectively consider ideas and suggestions from others; keep commitments; keep others informed of work progress, timetables, and issues; address problems and issues constructively to find mutually acceptable and practical business solutions; address others by name, title, or other respectful identifier, and; respect the diversity of our work force in actions, words, and deeds.
• Comply with the policies and procedures stated in the Injury and Illness Prevention Program by always working in a safe manner and immediately reporting any injury, safety hazard, or program violation.
• Ensure conduct is consistent with all Compliance Program Policies and procedures when engaging in any activity on behalf of the company. Immediately report any concerns or violations.
• Other duties as assigned.
Education, Knowledge, Skills and Experience
• Bachelor’s degree in English, journalism or communications
• Knowledge of Associated Press (AP) style
• Minimum of five (5) years of editorial proofreading and/or writing experience
• Portfolio of previous work that demonstrates professional writing, editing and proofing skills
• Experience with Microsoft Word and electronic publishing software such as Adobe InDesign
• Must have strong organizational skills
• Must have a detail orientation and the proven ability to prioritize work
• Must have effective verbal and written communication skills
• Must have the ability to work with limited supervision and as part of a team
• Sound decision-making abilities
• Proven research and fact-checking skills
• Ability to write long and short copy formats
• A keen eye for detail and quality writing
• Ability to swiftly become familiar with corporate and division products, services and external customers
• Demonstrated success in copywriting for a variety of media, project complexities and audiences.
• Demonstrated ability to work on multiple projects concurrently, while under pressure, and meet aggressive deadlines.
Vision, hearing, speech, movements requiring the use of wrists, hands and/or fingers. Must have the ability to view a computer screen for long periods and the ability to sit for extended periods. Must have the ability to work the hours and days required to complete the essential functions of the position, as scheduled. The employee occasionally lifts up to 20 lbs. and occasionally kneels and bends. Must have the ability to travel occasionally. Working condition include normal office setting.
Learning, thinking, concentration and the ability to work under pressure, particularly during busy times. Must be able to pay close attention to detail and be able to work as a member of a team to ensure excellent customer service. Must have the ability to interact effectively with co-workers and customers, and exercise self-control and diplomacy in customer and employee relations’ situations. Must have the ability to exercise discretion as well as appropriate judgments when necessary. Must be proactive in finding solutions.
FFF Enterprises is an EEO/AAP employer; all business decisions (employment, promotions, compensation, etc.) are made without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, marital or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other legally protected status. FFF Enterprises promotes an equal employment opportunity workplace which includes reasonable accommodation consideration of otherwise qualified disabled.
About FFF Enterprises, Inc.
Want to learn more about FFF Enterprises, Inc.? Visit FFF Enterprises, Inc.'s website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.