Digital Marketing (UX) Coordinator
First Book, Washington DC, hybrid work environment
We believe every child deserves equal access to quality education. Join us!
Salary: competitive with benefits & a great hybrid work environment
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
First Book has a mandatory Covid-19 vaccination policy (medical and religious exemptions permitted)
About the position:(First Book has a great hybrid work environment. This is not a 100% remote position)
Use your creativity and communication savvy to help get thousands of books and critical resources to kids in need! Positioned at the center of the organization’s key initiatives, the User Experience team is a multi-channel marketing team tasked with communication to our network of educators and prospective members. The User Experience Coordinator designs digital marketing content, such as paid social media creative and email communications, that promote resources on the First Book Marketplace and exciting programs that support educators and their students. A successful candidate is a strong copywriter and skilled visual designer who is comfortable with Photoshop and interested in multi-channel digital marketing.
This role also supports the Director of User Experience with program implementation that drives our mission forward. You’ll excel in this role if you have a collaborative spirit. The team works with colleagues in the larger Network Engagement department, as well as cross-functionally, to help design and then create communication assets for special events, employee engagement opportunities, and partner programs. We seek to ensure all touch points with our membership are user friendly, relevant for educators serving kids from low-income families, and foster community among our members.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Create multiple marketing messages each week in alignment with the team’s multi-channel strategy to highlight the First Book Marketplace -- our eCommerce platform exclusively for those serving kids in need.
o For example: Get teachers excited about our amazing selection of book and resources via creative for Facebook, Instagram, and Google Display ads, email graphics and copy.
• Design emails, social posts, flyers, webinar invitations, etc. to promote upcoming events or programs we’re planning with our nonprofit or corporate partners.
• Conduct occasional personalized outreach to member educators regarding special events, research, programs, or funding/donations.
• Support strategic distribution of funding opportunities and track program budgets using Salesforce.
• Monitor campaign performance metrics, spot trends, and implement adjustments accordingly.
• Contribute to team brainstorms and strategic planning.
• Various administrative duties and other tasks as assigned.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required:
• Organized and excellent at time management
• Strong verbal and written communication skills
• Sharp eye for detail, including proofreading
• Positive, solution-oriented approach to opportunities and challenges
• Flexible and adaptable
• Works effectively in a collaborative team environment
• Open to feedback and new ideas. Motivated to bring their own creativity to a project.
• Passionate about First Book’s mission
Education and/or Experience:
• 3+ years of experience in digital marketing, social media and/or communications
• Excellent graphic design skills and visual creativity. Proficiency with Photoshop required. Experience with Canva, InDesign, or other graphic design programs a plus.
• Experience with Pardot, Constant Contact, Mailchimp, or another similar email platform
• Experience with paid digital marketing campaigns, such as Facebook & Instagram Ads or Google Ads preferred.
• Experience with program or volunteer management a plus.
All full-time employees are eligible for the following benefits:
• Hybrid work environment - can work from home and office
• Dental & medical insurance
• Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment coverage
• Vacation leave
• Sick leave
• Twelve Annual Holidays
• 401K and employer matching pension contribution
• Transportation benefits
Candidates are invited to submit a resume, and a cover letter that details your interest in the position to https://firstbook.bamboohr.com/careers. If you need assistance applying, please reach out to us at 202-499-5935.
About First Book
First Book (https://firstbook.org) believes that education offers children the best possible path out of poverty. Since 1992, First Book has distributed more than 200 million books and educational materials to children from low-income families. Reaching 5 million children from birth to age 18 annually, First Book has built the country’s largest and fastest growing network of educators serving kids in need. Today First Book reaches 500,000 educators nationwide with an additional 1,000 joining every week. In addition to our work in the United States, First Book also distributed books to children in more than 30 countries last year.
A recognized leader in social enterprise, First Book harnesses the power of the private sector strategies to advance social change. First Book has also been highlighted for its innovation and impact by the Schwab Foundation for Social Entrepreneurship, the World Economic Forum and in case studies at Columbia Business School, Wharton Business School, the Yale School of Management, and the London School of Economics. Finally, Charity Navigator recently awarded First Book its highest rating, including a perfect score for Accountability & Transparency.
Want to learn more about First Book? Visit First Book's website.
Home of the world’s best books.