FIRST, New York, NY
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency providing Content, Creative, Digital Technology, Management & Delivery, and Data & Insights services. Operating as a full-service agency partner or through embedding specialist talent into client teams, FIRST brings brands and people together through creative, connected experiences. Spanning 11 countries and with more than 400 team members, FIRST works with clients across industries including financial services, technology, media, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, aerospace, and the non-profit sector. Event Marketer Magazine listed FIRST among their “Top 100 Event Agencies” for 2020, as well as one of 2020’s “Best Places to Work in Events.” Crain’s New York Business also recognized FIRST as one of the Top 100 “Best Places to work in NYC” for 2020, and The London Stock Exchange Group listed FIRST as one of “1000 Companies to Inspire Britain” in 2020.
- The Event Manager will consistently deliver exceptional service to our client through excellent operational and logistical facilities management. This position will be responsible for managing, supporting, and/or executing the coordination of various events within the client’s meeting spaces. The role requires a strong operational understanding and practical experience in event logistics and venue management.
- Along with other FIRST team members, the Event Manager will represent the FIRST Solutions brand on-site within a well-known tech company. In this role, you’ll work with internal teams to coordinate the logistical needs of the event space. This role will report directly to the Team Lead.
- Provides consultative ‘one-stop shop’ planning support for Event Hosts to ensure an exemplary event experience
- Discovery of Event Host objectives and requirements for the meeting.
- Review budget and offer suggestions to maximize ROI
- Create a working budget for Event Host
- Organize logistics, décor, entertainment, catering, and all other event needs
- Ability to recommend event enhancements to achieve desired event objectives
- Review of all meeting space to ensure proper space assignment
- Informs Space & Service Coordinator of space need changes and cancellations
- Forecast each group spend as assigned as required
- Update group information in internal systems in a timely manner
- Periodically checks event spaces and setups to ensure event services are appropriately delivered
- Communicate event needs with Event Associate and checks in throughout group event on any additional needs and serves as on-site contact for clients during an event
- Create all services communication to be distributed on a timely basis to all service departments
- Conduct post-event survey with Event Host (as outlined in post-survey SOP) and communicate comments/compliments/issues to service levels.
- Report on budget spent and objectives met and how to build on these for future events
- Plan events from conception to budget reconciliation to ROI tracking, according to goals and objectives, target audience, and strategy
- Work closely with all departments to develop and be responsible for event requirements and deliverables, including but not limited to communications, calendars, registration needs, feedback surveys, and wrap up reports
- Coordinate with facilities, arranging and overseeing all event details, such as audio and visual, decor, catering, security, entertainment, premiums/swag, and transportation
- Create in-depth event based on strategy but pushes the boundaries of creativity and innovation
- Manage multiple programs/events, across various industry verticals, with creativity, innovation, and strategy, delivering world-class creative execution
- 3 – 5+ years’ event management and/or corporate meeting planning experience required
- Strong meeting coordination experience for meetings/conferences ranging between 50 – 300+ people
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to understand the meeting/event objective and mission, business, and audience in order to align with the overall vision and strategy of the needs of the Event Host and event
- Organizational and time management skills
- Ability to execute tasks independently and efficiently
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player
- Adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ambitious and proactive with a calm and flexible approach to handling pressure
- Experience working on large and complex databases
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build an excellent relationship with the team through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter and more efficiently
- Work on ad hoc requests from clients as required
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency with teams in New York, Los Angeles, London, Dublin, Singapore and Hong Kong. Some of the world’s most recognized companies trust us to develop strategies, and design, plan and produce engaging events. FIRST clients span many industries including financial services, aerospace, technology, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, media and the nonprofit sector. We are on Event Marketer’s “Top 100 Event Agencies” and “Best Places to Work in Events” lists. We’ve also been recognized by Crain’s New York Business as one of the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC”.