Event Service Specialist
FIRST, New York, NY
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.
The Event Service Specialist will consistently deliver exceptional service to our client through excellent operational and logistical facilities management. This position will be responsible for supporting the Event Managers in the planning and execution of various internal events.
Along with other FIRST team members, the Event Service Specialist will represent the FIRST Solutions brand on-site within a well-known tech company. In this role, you’ll work with internal teams as the central point of contact to coordinate the logistical needs of the event space.
- Primary contact for the Event Host on event day for both onsite and digital events
- Works hand in hand with the Event Manager and service partners to ensure appropriate execution and service delivery in each area of event support catering, audio/video production, security, transportation
- Reviews on-site needs and re-confirms or clarifies any areas of concern prior to the event
- Day of event support could include:
- being on-call and/or onsite during events
- troubleshooting issues and escalating any advanced needs to the appropriate internal partner
- assisting with a day of execution of digital events including pre-event prep, running slides, playing music, managing Livestream and/or recording
- Communicates any pertinent adds/changes to event team including Event Manager and services lines as needed (i.e.: guarantee changes, schedule changes)
- Responsible for compiling reports related to on-site events including post-event data
- 0 – 1+ years’ event coordination experience including internships or other applicable experience related to the responsibilities of the role, preferably from within a large venue or hotel
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- Knowledge of basic and fundamental standards of Catering and Event Management and general event operations
- Excellent interpersonal and sales-related skills
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Experience working cross-functionally with all levels of stakeholders in a fast-paced environment
- Creative problem solver, resourceful, team player
- Adaptability to situations and ever-changing demands
- Highly organized with the ability to handle multiple tasks to meet strict deadlines
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills
- Ambitious and proactive with a calm and flexible approach to handling pressure
- Experience working on large and complex databases
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings
- Work intelligently and ensure management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity
- Build an excellent relationship with the team through positive communications
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter and more efficiently
- Work on ad hoc requests from clients as required
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency with teams in New York, Los Angeles, London, Dublin, Singapore and Hong Kong. Some of the world’s most recognized companies trust us to develop strategies, and design, plan and produce engaging events. FIRST clients span many industries including financial services, aerospace, technology, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, media and the nonprofit sector. We are on Event Marketer’s “Top 100 Event Agencies” and “Best Places to Work in Events” lists. We’ve also been recognized by Crain’s New York Business as one of the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC”.
Want to learn more about FIRST? Visit FIRST's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands