AV Conference Technician
FIRST, New York, NY
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.
In this capacity, the ideal candidate would represent the FIRST brand as an implanted team member for a well-known technology company. The AV Conference Technician will be responsible for providing white glove AV support to conference and meeting rooms throughout a new event center. The role is ideal for someone who has experience supporting video conferencing systems and has a deep understanding of presentation platforms like Google Slides, Keynote and Power Point . Experience engaging with C-suite executives and VIP’s is preferred along with a strong focus on customer service.
For events, the goal is to provide a seamless technology experience to all attendees, press and partners, as well as create a more efficient and reliable technical environment for the client. In this role you’ll work with internal teams as well as external clients on a daily basis.
- Assist with the technical production of mid-level events and assist in the hands-on delivery of all events.
- Kick off and provide fundamental A/V support for all conference rooms and meeting spaces in the event center.
- Set, strike, and operate basic AV equipment such as speakers, microphones, and display monitors in common areas.
- Meet and understand client expectations on issues, escalating when appropriate
- Liaise across different levels within the immediate team, the client’s organization.
- Assist with the building of staging and A/V set up on-site.
- Participate in creative team brainstorming sessions. Identify new and alternative ways of approaching FIRST’s technical production offering to clients. Assist event production spaces, if need be.
- 3+ years’ experience within the AV/ IT support industry. Must understand audio and video signal flows. Must be able to set, strike, and operate AV equipment such as, but not limited to: audio consoles, PA speakers, video switchers, display monitors, PTZ cameras, etc.
- Must have a deep understanding of video conferencing platforms such as Zoom, Google Meets, etc.
- Must have a deep understanding of MS Office, Google Workspace, and common presentation software such as PowerPoint, Keynote, and Google slides.
- Prior experience in technical delivery of high-quality events is preferred.
- Solid communication and customer service skills are a must to build and maintain relationships with team members, clients, and vendors.
- Ability to prioritize while adhering to critical project timelines in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple priorities at once.
- Experience managing day-to-day changes with high attention to detail
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Assume responsibility for own environment, ensuring adherence to health and safety policies while having clean smart surroundings.
- Work intelligently and ensure that team management is aware of problems or issues which negatively affect productivity.
- Build excellent relations with the team, clients, vendors, and key venues through positive communications.
- Ensure knowledge is shared within the team to enable them to work smarter.
- Work on ad hoc requests as required, typically during quiet times
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency with teams in New York, Los Angeles, London, Dublin, Singapore and Hong Kong. Some of the world’s most recognized companies trust us to develop strategies, and design, plan and produce engaging events. FIRST clients span many industries including financial services, aerospace, technology, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, media and the nonprofit sector. We are on Event Marketer’s “Top 100 Event Agencies” and “Best Places to Work in Events” lists. We’ve also been recognized by Crain’s New York Business as one of the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC”.
Want to learn more about FIRST? Visit FIRST's website.
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands