Event Production Specialist - Video
FIRST, New York, NY
FIRST is a growth agency with a boutique feel.
In this capacity, the ideal candidate would represent the FIRST brand as an implanted team member for a well-known technology company. The Event Production Specialist will be responsible for executing technical productions on complex and high visibility events at an expert level. The role requires a deep passion and understanding of video systems, LED wall screen management, and production switching.
For events, the goal is to provide a seamless technology experience to all attendees, press and partners, as well as create a more efficient and reliable technical environment for event staff and vendors. In this role you’ll work with internal teams as well as external clients and vendor partners on a daily basis.
- Operate video production switchers (in person and remotely) at an advanced level to deliver a high-quality video presentation experiences for live events, broadcasts, live streams, and recordings
- Manage video assets for use during live events, broadcast, live streams and recordings
- Take direction from in studio or remote Technical Director to seamless switch video sources during productions
- Key in lower thirds, graphic overlays, banners, logos, PIP’s, closed captioning, animations, green screen support, etc for use on live events, broadcast, etc
- Utilize Ventuz to manage how content is displayed on custom LED Walls Partner with multimedia team to align projection mapping requests
- Ensure all video equipment associated with live events and broadcasts in your studio are tested and ready for business
- Coordinate with the engineering team to ensure systems are optimized to meet client requirements
- Provide expert video support during live events, broadcast, and recordings
- Provide advanced troubleshooting for production switchers, routers, video signal flow, etc
- Provide feedback to team leadership on video best practices and needed enhancements
- Contribute to conversations about workflow development and standardization across similar studios
- Collaborate with the engineering team and technical director on best practices for video media management and operations
- Maintain a current knowledge of video industry trends, best practices, and equipment
- Minimum 3-5 years experience working as an V1 in live event venues, conference centers, and broadcast studios
- Expert knowledge of Ross production switchers such as Acuity, Carbonite, Ultrix, etc
- Must have a deep understanding of video signal flow, codecs, frame rates, aspect ratios, NLE platforms, Power Point, KeyNote, Google SlidesMust be familiar with media encoding and codecs
- High level of proficiency in the technical delivery of high-quality events
- Experience operating large format event production systems
- Excellent communication and customer service skills are a must to build and maintain relationships
- Experience managing day-to-day changes at every level of detail
- Understanding of TCP/IP networking
ADMINISTRATION & GENERAL:
- Actively knowledge share lessons learned across the event production team
- Passionate about live events and exceptional execution
- Must be able to interact professionally with C- suite executives, celebrities, and internal/external stakeholders
- Solutions orientated Team Player
FIRST is a leading global brand experience agency with teams in New York, Los Angeles, London, Dublin, Singapore and Hong Kong. Some of the world’s most recognized companies trust us to develop strategies, and design, plan and produce engaging events. FIRST clients span many industries including financial services, aerospace, technology, consumer electronics, medical and healthcare, automotive, media and the nonprofit sector. We are on Event Marketer’s “Top 100 Event Agencies” and “Best Places to Work in Events” lists. We’ve also been recognized by Crain’s New York Business as one of the Top 100 “Best Places to Work in NYC”.
Want to learn more about FIRST? Visit FIRST's website.
Create the extraordinary.