Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for an experienced reporter to join FoxBusiness.com. As part of our growing digital team, you contribute to the editorial report of one of the most powerful websites in business News. You cover breaking News across a range of business-related beats including markets, economic trends, tech, health care, corporate leadership, media, entertainment, and sports.
We are looking for a Reporter with proven editorial judgment who can bolster the groundbreaking reporting of our team while driving page views to our site. You understand the FoxBusiness.com audience and can anticipate what stories will resonate. In addition to original reporting, you may also aggregate stories from a variety of sources. You are a skilled writer with strong AP Style knowledge. The ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment is a must.
As a Reporter, you collaborate with a team of digital reporters as well as Fox Business producers to create the most compelling, informative News coverage of the day. You come to the office ready to share ideas and experiment with new, engaging storytelling formats. You play a critical role in helping FoxBusiness.com continue to stand out as a must-click destination for a rapidly growing audience.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: TUESDAYS THRU SATURDAYS, SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS, WEDNESDAYS THRU SUNDAYS (6:00 AM – 2:00 PM or 2:00 PM-10:00 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch/file several stories daily while writing quickly and precisely
- Monitor breaking news and track all major financial markets, compelling corporate news, business and economic trends
- Conceptualize and execute quick rewrites, and conduct interviews in person, by phone or via email
- Collaborate with Fox Business network programming producers for compelling Newsmakers/segments
- Scour national and international media for stories that resonate with FoxBusiness.com’s audience
- Aggregate stories with complete and proper attribution
- Present all stories (original, breaking and aggregated) in an accessible, consistent and compelling style
- Maintain and closely monitor web traffic
- Multitask on tight deadlines in high-pressure environment
- Prioritize assignments and meeting deadlines
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- A Bachelor’s degree and at least five years of experience covering the news
- A self-starter attitude with strong news judgment for a digital audience
- Strong SEO & media skills
- A firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxBusiness.com audience
- Knowledge of AP style
- Willingness to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
- Ability to work well under pressure and meet tight deadlines in a fast-paced 24-hour news environment, some holidays required
- Proven capability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Here you can see your future.