Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
The Fox News Digital Lifestyle team is seeking a Lifestyle Reporter to produce a high volume of content for FoxNews.com, sourced from social media platforms and online forums. As the Lifestyle Reporter, you will be tasked with closely following — and mining potential story pitches from — platforms including Instagram, Facebook and Twitter, as well as online forums including Reddit, wedding blogs or parenting forums, among others. The Lifestyle Reporter would then be responsible for using these posts to turn around several short-form articles for any of several Lifestyle sections, including but not limited to Travel, Relationships, Style/Beauty, Parenting and Fitness/Wellbeing. This is not an on-air position.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Monitor social media platforms and forums for the latest breaking or trending news items of interest to Fox News Lifestyle readers
- Produce several pieces of content, per day, based on social media posts, photographs, or online forum posts from fashion brands, fitness models, travel bloggers, wedding parties, concerned parents, etc.
- Work efficiently to identify, report, write, edit and publish daily articles under strict deadlines
- Work with partner sites and affiliates to identify and syndicate partner content that would be of interest to the Lifestyle audience
- Manage a portion of the homepage to maximize traffic to the Lifestyle section
- Monitor site traffic and analytics to maximize page views, unique users, and media initiates
- Research, write and contribute articles to ongoing Features series
- Update the Lifestyle social media accounts
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years' experience
- Close familiarity with social media platforms and forums including Instagram, Twitter, Facebook, Reddit, etc.
- The ability to identify trending news or viral trends impacting, or being of interest to, readers of the Fox News Lifestyle verticals
- Background reporting and writing for Lifestyle verticals preferred
- Relevant writing experience for online publications, preferably in a newsroom setting
- Familiarity with Photoshop or photo-editing software
- Thorough knowledge of Associated Press style guide
- Ability to work independently and efficiently during weekend shift
- Excellent communication skills
- You must be able to work flexible hours, likely at night, Tuesday through Saturday
- Position is in an open newsroom
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Here you can see your future.