Health Reporter, FoxNews.com
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
The Fox News Health team is seeking an ambitious writer/reporter to produce a high volume of daily trending and SEO health and wellness content. As the Health Reporter, you will report and aggregate stories using a wide range of sources and tools, ensuring Fox News content is at the top of search results on a range of health and wellness topics.
You will be offered the following shift: SUNDAYS THRU THURSDAYS (7:00 am-3:00 pm)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Use available tools to deterined trending and search-engine-friendly content
- Stay on top of trending health news and keep an eye on competition to ensure our content remains out front
- Recognize and focus on the topics that are of interest to our audience
- Pitch trending and SEO content to maximize traffic during breaking news events
- Think out-of-the-box to help the section gain ownership of a topic or news story
- Maintain the Fox news voice while reporting
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelors degree preferred
- At least 2 years' professional experience in a news environment
- Knowledge of standard AP style as well as staying up-to-date on Fox News’ style is imperative for this role
- The ability to break down medical jargon for readers in an accurate way to ensure the article content is understandable
- Knowledge of a working newsroom and the ability to produce under tight deadlines in high-pressure situations
- A passion for the health and wellness category and the ability to change tasks quickly depending on news cycle
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
16 Active Jobs