Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News and Fox Business Network are looking for a Homepage Editor. You are responsible for programming FoxNews.com, the Fox News app, FoxBusiness.com, and the Fox Business app. You will select and choose story placements, write clickable headlines, and choose interesting art for our front pages. You’re a self-starter with strong news judgment who thrives under pressure and keeps a laser-sharp focus on metrics. Flexibility in your schedule is vital to this role as you are required to work some holidays and shift your schedule as news breaks.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: TUESDAYS thru SATURDAYS (6:30 AM-2:30 PM), SUNDAYS thru THURSDAYS (6:30 AM-2:30 PM), SUNDAYS thru THURSDAYS (2:30 PM-10:30 PM), or TUESDAYS thru SATURDAYS (2:30 PM-10:30 PM)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write engaging, SEO-friendly headlines for both the FoxNews.com homepage and FoxBusiness.com homepage
- Use a mix of news judgment and metrics to determine story placement
- Headline test all placements on both homepages
- Coordinate and collaborate with the photo desk on art for the homepage, including photo illustrations and montages
- Must have a firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick and accurate in presenting the news to the vast FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com audience
- Write breaking news banners and continually update breaking news headlines
- Must be willing to work closely with editors and fellow reporters, including frequent coloration on stories
- Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of newsroom experience
- Strong news judgment and knowledge of current events
- Experience writing on deadline for a major news website
- The capability of being a skilled, fast writer and self-editor
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced, creative, demanding, and competitive newsroom environment is crucial
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Here you can see your future.
Jobs You May Like
Technical Writer - (REMOTE) Mountain View - Via Company Shuttle
Creative Circle, Mountain View, CA, US
Manager, Editorial Boards and Peer Review – Not a Remote Position
American Speech-Language-Hearing Association, Rockville, MD USA