Supervisor, Distribution Ops- Fox Technology
Fox Corporation, Tempe, AZ USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Manager (Supervisor)
We are looking for a Supervisor, Distribution Operations who will be a hands-on supervisor of the technical master control playout and operations workflows within the Fox Distribution Center. This position makes critical last-second decisions that support on-air integrity and protect live revenue streams. The Supervisor, Distribution Operations works closely with Fox Sports, Entertainment, and News teams to innovate and test new modern enhancements and distribution solutions.
This role is part of the Media Operations team, which is responsible for delivering a high-quality viewer experience to millions of viewers across Fox networks, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and licensing partnerships. In short, we bring great Fox content to YOU!
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Supervises daily media ingest, processing, preparation, and distribution activities for live and non-live content.
- Responsible for supervising all live sports activities within master control operations
- Responsible for process and procedures to ensure reliable distribution operation
- Oversees the configuration, testing, and troubleshooting of all distribution systems to ensure maximum reliability
- Supports Business Continuity and Disaster Recovery teams
- Helps develop new technology solutions together with the engineering team
- Partners with the Engineering Operations team to troubleshoot and resolve issues
- Provides support to other Media Operations teams to develop and implement standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Works closely with all business units and provides world-class customer service support.
- Promotes the use of data to make business decisions
- Tracks operations dashboards and constantly look for improvements
- Supports the use of Objectives and Key Results (OKRs) to motivate the team
- Inspires a culture of continuous learning, especially in emerging technologies
- Supports career development programs to retain top talent
- Helps build and motivate high performing teams to deliver high-quality products
- Facilitates an environment that fosters the development of all-star utility players
- Deliberately creates and cross-trains all-star teams of utility players who work in different areas
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 3+ years supervising teams
- Experience with media operations and technical transmission systems
- Technical knowledge of Media Supply Chain, Live Sports Production, and Over the Top (OTT) Systems
- Full understanding of master control playout automation systems
- Ability to manage in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions
- Ability to translate and communicate business requirements into operational and technical requirements
- A Bachelor’s Degree is awesome, but not required
- Knowledge of emerging technologies such as 4K High Dynamic Range and HDR10+ is a plus
- Knowledge of industry standards such as the Advanced Media Workflow Association (AMWA) and Society of Motion Picture and Television Engineers (SMPTE)
- You care about your team and are invested in their success
- You value and want to hear diverse perspectives
- You are excited by new technology and its potential to change how things are done
- You enjoy being part of an all-star team and working in a start-up environment
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.