Site Reliability Operations Engineer- Fox Technology
Fox Corporation, Tempe, AZ USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We believe in the future of entertainment – across all platforms and for all audiences.
FOX has always given unfettered access to the moments that have collectively captivated us. The breaking story. The unmissable final. The outrageous touchdown. The shocking cliffhanger. We changed the game on sports and news production. Now we’re looking to change the game again. We are pioneering the future of news, sports and entertainment in the digital realm.
It’s an audacious mission. We’re challenging ourselves to be the first to do it - to disrupt the digital entertainment category and redefine the live experience for the next generation.
And we’re doing it by starting from scratch. Think of FOX as a start up with the backing of a Fortune 500 corporation. You will be part of a new team with full permission to reinvent, disrupt, and build in a highly collaborative and transparent environment.
FOX has always been an advocate for the disruptive spirit. And now we’re looking for like-minded people to push the boundaries on what entertainment can mean. Join us to help make the best of sports, news, and entertainment more personal, more immersive, and more interactive than ever before.
ABOUT THE ROLE
The Site Reliability Operations Engineer (SRO) role is part of the overall Media Operations team, located in Tempe AZ, and is responsible for ensuring production services are operated in a consistent and scalable manner, delivering a high-quality experience to millions of viewers across FOX networks, TUBI, digital platforms, mobile applications, websites, and 3rd party distribution partners such as Amazon, Hulu, and Apple. You will work very closely with Tier 1 Media Control Center (MCC) Operations to develop procedures and technical documentation to establish tasks, monitoring patterns and troubleshooting approaches. The SRO is a Tier 2-3 type role.
FOX is looking for a technical self-starter, interested in leaning into progressive approaches to the production operations of world-class media and digital services, who can partner effectively with product / engineering to deliver reliable, high-quality content experiences to customers.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Overall responsibility for Production Operations of content services, applications and events, including event monitoring incident management, and infrastructure, network and cloud services management
- Create and maintain response plays across variety of incident management and monitoring tools, such as Blameless, PagerDuty, Service Now, Dataminr, DataDog & New Reli
- Drive system enhancements and overall reliability through Dev, SRE and other functions to prevent future incidents and improve system resiliency/quality, owning the post-mortem / incident analysis process with involved teams to identify root cause and remediation tasks, and identifying areas of concern and drive thru resolution
- Handle development and reporting of key operational metrics, driving improvements over time
- Lead creation and ongoing updates to documentation, including operational runbooks, support monitoring and remediation activities, providing guidance as a support and enabling function for Tier 1 Operations teams
- Support marquee events and day-to-day offerings by preparing documentation to guide event readiness and participate in day of operational coverage
- Participate in the development and implementation of Digital Operations processes and SOPs, identifying opportunities for automation of operational tasks, incident remediation and scaling activities
- Execute production changes to Digital systems, infrastructure, products and platforms in support of event and release activities
- Act as point of incident escalation for Tier 1 Operations team and triage and mitigate as needed
- Work closely with information security team to ensure security requirements are effectively met
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Any technical background in digital, coding, networking, systems, and/or applications – you’ll be exposed to all of these, and your future career path could involve extreme focus into any of these areas
- Familiarity with modern operations concepts such as Agile and DevOps
- 3+ years hands on experience in a production / operational role
- Ability to work under pressure in a fast-paced environment and make quick decisions and keep a cool head while under pressure
- Proven understanding of Internet technologies, especially streaming and cloud technologies and services, basic network components and how they interoperate, as well as Internet protocols and configurations
- Experience with operation and management of cloud-based services, including operational processes, such as incident management life cycle and event management approaches
- Understanding of orchestration and monitoring of cloud native services
- Firm grasp of a scripting or high-level programming language, such as Python, Ruby, or Perl, with a demonstrated proficiency of experience in leveraging such language for the purpose of automation
- Familiarity with security as it applies to operational platforms and processes
- Credibility with partner-stakeholders (business, engineering, product/program etc.) for strong team and results-oriented delivery
- Excellent oral and written communication skills – demonstrated ability to influence technical and non-technical audiences including those at the senior leadership levels
- Schedule flexibility is key; to support the operational needs of the business, this role may operate on a adjusted schedule including weekends, overnights, early mornings, etc.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or other technical degree is awesome, but not required
- Equivalent work experience is ideal, and please note: If you have a non-tech degree or some other training, with some serious tech experience, please apply; If you’re self-taught, intelligent and extremely motivated, that works too
- Understanding of Internet delivery-based content delivery at scale, in particular, CDN management and end user QoS/QoE monitoring
- Experience / knowledge of the Broadcast industry
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.