Senior Digital Data Analyst
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are looking for an experienced Digital Analyst to play a key role in managing the reporting and advanced analytics for our Customer Data Platform (CDP). The Digital Analyst will work closely with our Data Strategy and Audience Development teams to design, execute and report on CDP initiatives that will affect the digital business. Data visualization and storytelling will be a key aspect of communicating insights to digital leadership to help drive change. You will own the delivery of reporting and analysis to key stakeholders with the goal of enhancing our digital experience and finding new opportunities.
You must hold accuracy to the highest standard. You are required to think critically to help drive strategic decision-making through detailed analysis, insights, statistical models and reporting on key performance indicators (KPIs). You will apply expertise through data mining to derive insights and communicate findings to decision makers. When a campaign is ahead or behind expectations, you focus on ways to drive actionable insights and identify areas of opportunity or amplify success.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Partner with operational stakeholders to understand their business goals in order to align analytics and reporting focus
- Operationalize and maintain standard campaign reporting for key stakeholders
- Analyze, then visualize complex data in a way that is meaningful, actionable and easy to understand
- Discover trends for how users are engaging with our digital content across platforms, devices, topics, etc.
- Identify audience cohorts based on their digital behavior across multiple data sets
- Execute hypothesis-driven tests to surface trends and performance gaps for campaigns and audiences
- Use data modeling techniques and tools to analyze large databases and complex data sets to derive insights and predictive analytics
- Work closely with data strategy team to enhance data collection and identify new data sets that can be queried and utilized in future reporting
- Understand data governance and implement best practices in data management to ensure data integrity is upheld
- Collaborate with key stakeholders across the business including Executives, Digital Ad Sales, Finance, Marketing, Editorial, Product & Technology
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3-5 years in digital analytics
- Experience with a Customer Data Platform (CDP)
- Strong knowledge of SQL, R, and/or Python
- Experience with data visualization tools (Looker, Tableau)
- Familiarity with AWS services such as Kinesis, S3, EC2, RDS, and Redshift
- Advanced knowledge of MS Excel functions, formulas, VLOOKUP function and pivot tables
- Experience with translating 1st & 3rd party digital performance data such as Adobe Analytics, Segment, Optimizely, Google Analytics, etc.
- Understanding of designing a buyer’s journey from awareness, consideration and decision stages to implement lead nurturing campaigns that move leads down the sales funnel
- Proven ability to construct AB / Multivariate (MVT) testing approach from hypothesis generation through data gathering and conclusions
- Understanding of the current marketing data landscape and challenges with cookies, MAIDs, emails
NICE TO HAVE
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Analytics; Statistics; Computer Science; Mathematics; Economics; Business
- Experience in a fast-paced media or entertainment environment, including Direct-to-Consumer applications
- Strong work ethic, who is curious and driven to ask questions and look for answers
- Effective interpersonal skills with the ability to work across multiple groups and levels in organization who values building strong relationships with colleagues and stakeholders
- Strong team player and communicator - able to remain productive and focused in a team-oriented, fast-paced, highly-matrixed environment
- Positive, people-oriented, and energetic attitude with an entrepreneurial spirit
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.