Managing Editor, Politics
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Digital is looking for a Managing Editor, Politics to join our team in leading our political coverage across FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com. We're looking for someone who has a proven track record in Political journalism at a major media outlet in Digital or TV. You can lead Political coverage in a fast-paced newsroom with the skills to handle both the breaking day-to-day news as well as long term coverage planning with ease. You have overseen a large team of reporters & editors and are an excellent editor, who is willing to jump in and edit when needed.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Oversee Political coverage for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com, ensuring all stories are produced efficiently on deadline with extreme accuracy in all reporting
- Manage a team of Politics Reporters & Editors and their assignment/pitch processes
- Work and collaborate closely with the Editor in Chief and other Managing Editors on content coverage and planning in the Politics & News verticals
- Act as the Digital team’s liaison in DC bureau with Channel Politics team and Channel correspondents
- Deliver on KPI goals for the Politics section
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 7 years of experience in Digital or TV Media covering a wide range of local, national, international & Political stories
- At least 5 years of managerial experience overseeing a team of Reporters & Editors
- Prior experience as Managing Editor or Editor in Chief in a major newsroom
- Experience using content management systems and social media tools
- Familiarity with AP style, strong knowledge of current events and politics
- Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed, and a smooth handover is made to next shift
- Adept at managing a large team and keeping editors and reporters engaged and productive on tight deadlines
- Possess an “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
- Excellent track record of achieving results related to growth
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.