Facebook Watch Producer
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
“Fox News Update” on the Facebook Watch Platform will focus on up-to-the-minute breaking news and the most compelling stories of the day. As the Facebook Watch Producer for Bill Hemmer Reports, you will organize strong, interesting, audience-driven coverage for Facebook. This unique opportunity allows you to combine your passion for journalism with the newest tools and unparalleled reach of digital media. You will be responsible for creating five-minute segments of original, exclusive news content for FNC on Facebook Watch. This is a project based-contract role.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch story ideas and segments for the Facebook Watch Platform and take ownership from conception to completion
- Find the most compelling video and photo content for segments
- Line produce news and original programming and take it live to Facebook
- Lead daily content planning and post-show meetings
- Update content as stories change, including researching, writing, and editing
- Collaborate and communicate with Senior and Executive Producers
- Coordinate and implement cross-platform promotion of Facebook Watch
- Manage regular reports on content to finance and senior leadership
- Communicate needs and issues with the designated liaison at Facebook Watch
- Promote Facebook Watch on various social media platforms
- Identify new content types and technologies that help us reach larger audiences
- Support creative processes, content development, and production
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4+ years of experience in live television, including control room experience
- Experience as a producer/line producer for cable, broadcast, or digital programming
- Production experience in both breaking news and feature reporting
- Knowledge of Easycut
- Solid understanding of social media analytics and AEM content management system
- Strong news judgment and ability to find new and engaging ways to present information
- Exceptional writing skill, with a conversational style
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and on an extended schedule as the news cycle and deadlines require
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s Degree in Journalism or related field
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.