Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Digital is looking for a Producer/Reporter, Originals to join our growing team. In this role, you will be responsible for driving editorial on FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com through your original and exclusive reporting. You will book and interview major newsmakers and coordinate coverage with other sections of the Digital team and be responsible for producing & editing your interviews for their publication on FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com. We're looking for someone who has excellent news judgment and a clear understanding of the Fox audience. You should be proactive in quickly responding to breaking news while also working on longer-term projects.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Report on original and exclusive stories, with the goal of driving the conversation and news coverage on a daily basis
- Conceptualize and execute original and exclusive reporting, including long-term projects when possible, conducting interviews
- Gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
- Produce and edit video interviews efficiently
- Cover a range of video content including breaking news headlines, enterprise and features
- Collaborate with FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com editors to develop related video story ideas as well as Channel producers when necessary
- Use real-time reporting tools and analytics
- Publish videos using our content management systems
- Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 4 years of experience in news, TV or daily video in a fast-paced newsroom
- Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, politics, business and viral content
- Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A wide range of sources that will enable you to break original and exclusive stories
- A positive and collaborative attitude; be a team player and willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
- A self-starter with a strong news judgment
- An “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions, including some holidays, weekends, or shift changes as required
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator
- Familiarity and experience with various video production formats for mobile and social media platforms including square, vertical and 360 video
- You are creative and think outside the box
- You have a love for working in a fast-paced environment and are hungry to chase news and break stories
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.