Line Producer, Varney & Co
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Varney & Company is looking for a talented, organized, and hard-working Line Producer with strong control room experience and great editorial judgment. We're looking for someone who can craft great newscasts quickly but know when and how to throw out a rundown to adapt to breaking news. You have stellar communication skills, can thrive in a fast-paced breaking news environment, and are looking to grow within the company and take on more responsibilities.
You will be assigned the following shift: Early mornings, Monday - Friday
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Build-fast paced, compelling newscast under deadline pressure
- Pitch and execute creative and innovative ideas for segments and guests
- Communicate needs effectively with Associate Producers, Bookers, and Production Assistants
- Write dynamic teases
- Time the show in the control room and communicate with the anchor clearly and effectively
- Arrange and create story placement, graphics, writing, and all other editorial and production elements
- Communicate with on-air talent, reporters, guests, and director to ensure the show is executed properly
- Work collaboratively with the showrunner and show team
- Participate in editorial planning and direction of the show
- Cut video, sound, and book guests as needed; contribute to social media as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3 years of professional experience in a live television control room environment
- 2 years of professional experience line producing in the control room
- Thorough knowledge of U.S. business news and politics
- Strong editorial judgment
- Fast and accurate writing
- Ability to make compelling graphics for air
- Work under intense deadline pressures
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.