Senior Producer, Originals
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a Senior Producer, Originals to join our Fox News Digital team. As the Senior Producer, Originals, you collaborate closely with the Executive Producer in leading the team of Producers & Reporters on the Original Video Unit. You help the Executive Producer manage all assignments and pitch approvals for this team as well as oversee the full production process. You strive for the team to produce original and exclusive content for FoxNews.com & FoxBusiness.com that drive the conversation.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: Tues-Sat & Sun-Thurs
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be a senior leader on the Original Video unit for Fox News Digital in close collaboration with the Executive Producer
- Manage, assign, and supervise output from video producers, emphasizing original and exclusive content production
- Pitch, develop and execute new video ideas in a daily, breaking news-focused newsroom including all aspects of production – pitching, scriptwriting, booking talent, developing graphics & editing
- Edit and produce content yourself when necessary in tight deadline situations to help deliver the best quality product
- Collaborate with FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com editors to develop related original video story ideas
- Write and/or copyedit scripts, headlines and copy; gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
- Quality check all original video research, writing, and publishing, including SEO headlines and metadata
- Develop original franchises and series – both long-form, short-form, and live broadcasts – for Digital
- Publish videos using our content management systems
- Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 5 years of experience in news, TV or daily video
- Previous Senior Producer experience in either TV or Digital
- Strong command of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator
- Familiarity and experience with various video production formats for mobile and social media platforms including square, vertical, and 360 video
- Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, politics, business, and viral content
- Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Proven capability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’
- Be a self-starter with a strong news judgment and be a team player willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
- Flexibility and ability to work some holidays, weekends, or shift changes as required
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor of Arts/Science or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Creative Jobs For You
Senior Feature Producer, Talent Productions & Storytelling (Open)
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA