Associate Producer/Writer, Originals
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Digital is looking for an Associate Producer/Writer, Originals to join our growing team. In this role, you will help drive editorial, book and interview big newsmakers, and coordinate coverage with other sections on the Digital team. You should have strong news judgment and a clear understanding of the Fox audience. You should be proactive in quickly responding to breaking news while also working on longer-term projects. You can handle a fast-paced environment and are hungry to chase news and break stories.
You will be offered one of the following shifts: Sun-Thurs or Tues-Sat: 6 am-2 pm or 2 pm-10 pm ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Write and/or copyedit scripts, headlines, and copy
- Conceptualize and execute original and exclusive reporting, including long-term projects when possible and conducting interviews
- Gather elements and coordinate production with technical staff
- Edit video interviews
- Cover a range of video content including breaking news headlines, enterprise, and features
- Collaborate with FoxNews.com and FoxBusiness.com editors to develop related video story ideas
- Use real-time reporting tools and analytics
- Publish videos using our content management systems
- Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years of experience in news, TV, or daily video
- Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of news and current events, entertainment, politics, business, and viral content
- Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven capability to be creative and think ‘outside the box’
- A positive and collaborative attitude
- Be a self-starter with a strong news judgment and be a team player who is willing to jump in when needed in breaking news situations
- Must have “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions; flexibility and ability to work some holidays, weekends, or shift changes as required
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor of Arts/Science degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Illustrator
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.