Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News is looking for a creative, organized, motivated, curious individual with strong editorial and logistical skills to fill a freelancer producer position in our Washington D.C Bureau. The freelance producer will be responsible for working with reporters to set up interviews, obtain information, write scripts, build graphics, and deliver compelling live shots and packages.
You may be offered one of the following shifts: Weekdays and Weekends - 6 am, 8 am, 9 am or 10:30 am ET shifts; Must be flexible with your schedule and willing to work on both weekdays and weekends.
Please note that this freelance role is a short-term assignment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Find elements, logs events, and identifies news developments
- Is read-in and familiar with daily developments on Washington based and political stories
- Work with reporters to set up interviews, ask questions and obtain information to craft and produce live shots and packages
- Monitor wires, social media, and other broadcast networks for news developments
- Build graphics, chyrons, and lower thirds for story delivery
- Pitch story ideas
- Work with editors to make sure we deliver visually compelling stories
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 8 years of experience in a local or national newsroom
- Experience with producing news live shots and packages
- Strong logistical and editorial skills with knowledge of national and international politics
- Familiarity with the various D.C. government agencies
- Keen understanding of how to set up interviews and gather news
- A self-starter who can work independently as well as be a team player
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, multitask, and prioritize on a daily basis, and especially in breaking news situations
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Familiarity with iNews, Outlook, and ScheduAll
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.