Quality Control Operator/Fox News Radio
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox News Radio is looking for a Quality Control Operator to join our Fox News Headlines 24/7 family. FOX News Headlines 24/7 Sirius XM Channel 115 is our national news channel broadcast LIVE 24/7/365 exclusively on SiriusXM. As the Quality Control Operator, you will be able to troubleshoot audio problems and comprehend equipment and techniques in the area of radio broadcast hardware and automation systems, as well as satellite/fiber transmission and maintain our important partnership. You will operate technical equipment, including ENCO automation systems, digital workstations, Comrex, Tieline, Telos ISDN Interfaces, intercom systems, recording devices, audio consoles, and adobe audition/ pro-tools. You have a passion for breaking news and the flexibility to work on a days' notice.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Communicate with non-technical personnel to resolve equipment issues
- Learn new broadcast technologies and increase knowledge of existing systems
- Troubleshoot audio/video problems and comprehend equipment and techniques in the area of radio broadcast hardware and automation systems, as well as satellite/fiber transmission and affiliate relations
- Program all commercials into radio automation systems for daily playback and run hourly transmits and receives for Fox News Radio Broadcasts
- Operate technical equipment, including ENCO automation systems, digital workstations, Comrex, Tieline, Telos ISDN Interfaces, intercom systems, recording devices, audio consoles, and adobe audition/ pro-tools
- Documentation, as well as provide cross training of peers on all broadcast equipment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3 - 5 years overall radio experience and excellent skills operating a board during live news broadcasts as well as talk shows
- Able to work flexible hours including weekends in a fast-paced, exciting news environment
- Communicate effectively, both in writing and in person
- A good understanding of system design and be able to create and follow signal flow drawings
- Well versed in the latest radio technologies
- Strong computer skills
- Working knowledge of Windows, Mac, Outlook, Word, Excel, Adobe Audition, ENCO, and Pro Tools
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.