Operations Manager/Media Production Group
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox News Media has an exciting opportunity for an Operations Manager for the Media Production Group. As the Operations Manager, you will work closely with the editorial branch of the department, as well as with the department as a whole, by streamlining and vetting all orders prior to working with the Directors of the department to oversee, disseminate and process graphic requests.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with the Operations team to develop professional relationships with show producers and MPG creative team
- Share extensive knowledge of MPG creative workflow and provide guidelines to producers for placing comprehensive graphic orders
- Work with the MPG management staff on streamlining and vetting all orders
- Work with MPU to source relevant and compelling imagery or video to be used in show opens, packages, and for presentations
- Advise show producers of solutions to accommodate more complicated requests in a timely manner
- Work with all parties to determine a mutually beneficial deadline
- Work with all client departments to ensure that all parties have the correct show toolkits (Editing, Executive Offices, FOX Nation, Marketing, Promos, Sales, Web, Radio and other corporate partners)
- Ensure that handoff between shifts are choreographed to reduce redundancy
- Attend all cross platform weekly planning meetings and/or necessary editorial meetings to determine future graphic needs
- Work a flexible schedule as needed in response to breaking news and the demands of a 24/7 news environment supporting multiple networks including weekends
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 4-5 years’ experience in broadcast or related industry
- Ability to work well under pressure, take initiative, and follow through on multiple tasks while maintaining high degree of accuracy
- Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and gauge priority levels
- Excellent organizational skills
- Ability to interpret the needs of different groups so everyone understands the objective
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions without explicit direction
- Proficient in MS Office, Google apps, and remote communication tools such as zoom, slack, and quip
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Proficiency in Photoshop
- Knowledge of Jira/Confluence
- Knowledge of Adobe Suite including After Effects; Maya, Cinema 4D, Vizrt systems
- A Bachelor’s degree in Communications/Journalism/related field
- You have a proven history as leader and/or project lead within a team
- You are highly responsive to department needs and to external breaking news
- You have a strong knowledge of news, entertainment, and politics
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.