Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a YouTube Producer to join a team that oversees the Fox News Channel and Fox Business Network YouTube accounts. You will be curating our broadcast content, writing headlines and descriptions with SEO in mind, monitoring our analytics and our competitors' performance, and staying ahead of any platform changes, and implementing strategies to grow revenue and subscribers. We want someone who is an entrepreneurial self-starter with excellent communication skills who works well in a breaking news environment. You're an avid news consumer who enjoys experimenting with storytelling tools and knows how to successfully represent and grow a news brand on YouTube or other social platforms.
You will be assigned one of the two shifts: Wednesday-Sunday from 8a-4p ET; Saturday-Wednesday from 3-11p ET
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Curate and optimize broadcast clips for Fox’s YouTube channels
- Edit custom video packages for Fox’s YouTube channels, including creating clips or other media for the Story and Community features
- Create and edit customized thumbnail images for YouTube uploads
- Run YouTube live streams while moderating comments
- Live blog breaking news and other special coverage
- Analyze audience data to inform programming decisions
- Create weekly and monthly YouTube Analytics reports
- Create weekly and daily coverage notes for internal planning
- Communicate and collaborate with teams across business units to ensure timely uploads and coverage
- Participate in broader strategic discussions
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 1-2 years of newsroom experience, preferably in a digital breaking news environment
- Experience with metrics platforms (YouTube Analytics, Chartbeat, Google Analytics)
- Video editing experience with tools like Final Cut
- Image or graphics editing experience with tools like Photoshop
- Excellent knowledge of SEO and headline writing
- Strong planning, communication, and interpersonal skills; a positive, collaborative attitude
- Ability to write and self-edit quickly and accurately
- Strong editorial judgment
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
A world-leading research, educational, and professional publisher.