Producer, Investigative Unit
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox News MediaFOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
The Fox News Investigative Unit is looking for a Producer to join our team. As the Producer, you will be responsible for creating cross-platform content including opportunities to produce news packages for FOX News Media, long-form investigative podcasts for FOX News Audio, articles for Digital and breaking news. You will pitch stories, book and conduct interviews, write scripts and articles, and produce the final product. You are dependable, self-motivated, have excellent news judgment, and a clear understanding of the FOX audience. You should be proactive in quickly responding to breaking news while also working on longer-term projects.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Investigate stories, obtain and review original documents, submit FOIA requests, and develop sources
- Handle all details of production from assignment to final product, whether that is a news package, an article for Digital, or a narrative podcast
- Pitch and research compelling stories, gather audio and visual elements, organize materials, write scripts and original articles, and conduct edit sessions with Craft Editors
- Collaborate with Investigative Unit colleagues, FoxNews.com, FoxBusiness.com, FOX News Media reporters, individual show teams, graphics producers, and other departments
- Field produce - conduct interviews remotely and on location, work with talent, ENG crews, and plan logistics
- Multitask on tight deadlines in a high-pressure environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 5 years of experience producing news packages, long-form, narrative, or investigative journalism
- Excellent editorial judgment and extensive knowledge of news and current events
- Organization skills that allow multiple projects to be produced simultaneously
- Strong writing, communication, and interpersonal skills
- An “on-call” mentality, prepared to work some weekends and evenings, or travel as required
- Creativity, a passion for storytelling, out of the box thinking, and an openness to feedback
- A positive attitude, able to collaborate as a team player, under pressure
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.