Senior Director, Content and Media, Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
We are looking for a Senior Director, Content & Media to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, the go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Senior Director, Content & Media, you will play a critical role in determining how FOX Weather creates, acquires, curates, and distributes weather content for a digital audience. With your digital-first mindset, you will be a key leader on the FOX Weather content team that is responsible for shaping our content strategy across all platforms. As the Senior Director, Content & Media, you will have a once in a lifetime opportunity to help build FOX Weather from the ground up!
This position reports to the President of FOX Weather.
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the Head of Programming and Director & Head of Video Optimization to create a comprehensive digital content strategy
- Manage use and continual evolution of the FOX Weather CMS
- Develop, implement, and manage FOX Weather’s push alert strategy
- Direct pace and allocation of publishing activities across distribution channels
- Maximize brand awareness, audience engagement, and other important KPIs – adjusting strategy as needed based on results
- Ensure every avenue of newsgathering is leveraged and surfaced on digital platforms, including the very best of user-generated content
- Oversee internal and partner content publishing, ensuring it meets journalistic standards, is on-brand, and is optimized for search
- Partner with internal stakeholders on collaborative efforts, sharing, and cross-promoting digital content
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 10 years of experience in media
- At least 5+ years of experience in weather
- Strong understanding of and proven success managing digital platforms
- Excellent oral and communication skills
- Exceptional project management and organizational skills
- Ability to work effectively and collaboratively in a high-expectations environment
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree in a related area or equivalent work experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.