Senior Booker- Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are looking for a Senior Booker to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Senior Booker, you must be able to work swiftly under pressure, especially during breaking weather coverage, as a leader on the team. You have a strong and comprehensive understanding of guests, partners, and agencies that can fresh, useful, and interesting insights with the FOX Weather audience. We are looking for a team player who is an expert in creating and cultivating those relationships, and at the same time mentoring a team of Bookers to do the same. You will be a key partner in our social media strategy and be involved in efforts to source the best user generated content, including potential guests, through these channels. Coverage is subject to change with little to no notice, so applicants must be comfortable working under tight deadlines. The perfect candidate is passionate about weather and understands the important role it plays in the lives of our audience. You love the idea of being part of a launch team, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest, all for our FOX Weather audience
- Help the team of Bookers craft and strengthen their pitches
- Strategize with colleagues on the best guests and internal partners on bookings
- Book interesting, top-tier guests on a daily basis
- Remain tuned in to the day’s top weather stories
- Partner with the newsgathering team to showcase the best stories around the globe
- Lead long-term planning on which future guests to book for expected events, notable days in history, etc.
- Conduct pre-interviews and research packets, effectively communicating and understanding a guest’s point of view on relative topics
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds
- Act as a key partner in FOX Weather’s user-generated content strategy
- Identify strong user-generated content, ensuring the best elements and guests are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage – coach team of Bookers on this process
- Work exceptionally well within a collaborative team environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 5 years of experience in news or news-related production
- Previous booking experience
- Must have a passion for weather
- Strong and proven leadership success
- Desire and ability to mentor Bookers on the team
- Excellent delegator
- An extensive rolodex and the know-how to book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities and people at the center of major weather stories
- Ability to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
- Experience in a live control room
- Social media savviness Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.
Media Jobs For You
Associate Editor, Advertising & Program Standards - Bravo, E!,...
NBCUniversal, LLC, Universal City, California