Editor, News & Politics
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX News Media is looking for an Editor, News/Politics to join their team. As an Editor for FoxNews.com, you will collaborate with other Editors and Senior Editors in leading a team of news & politics reporters. You will be assigning stories, editing, and approving pitches from reporters. Your team is responsible for covering the full range of breaking news of both general assignment and political coverage. You are fluent in AP style, can bring copy to life, and understand our dynamic audience. You are skilled at turning sharp, fast stories, headlines, and captions in high-pressure, breaking news situations. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and have previous experience in news & political journalism.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Collaborate with Editors & Senior Editors in leading editorial coverage for news & politics sections
- Assign stories to a team of news & politics reporters
- Edit a continuous stream of story submissions for grammar, style, and substance
- Write SEO-friendly headlines to ensure search authority
- Work with reporters on and off-site
- Work quickly in breaking news situations to help us be fast and precise
- Write & report when necessary
- Other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least five years proven experience in a daily breaking news environment, preferably for a news outlet covering a wide range of local, national, and international stories
- Prior management experience
- Experience using content management systems
- Knowledge of AP style, exceptional knowledge of current events & politics
- Ability to work on tight deadlines
- Proven organizational ability to ensure editorial standards are upheld, demands from across company platforms are addressed and smooth handover is made to next shift
- Flexible hours, including flexibility to work on some holidays
- An “on-call” mentality and be prepared to work under emergency or breaking news conditions
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.