Freelance Studio Technician
Fox Corporation, Los Angeles, CA USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
We are looking for a Freelance Studio Technician to join the Broadcast Engineering division of the Fox News Los Angeles Bureau. LA Bureau Engineering is responsible for designing and implementing systems that enable the entire Fox News Los Angeles team to perform their jobs with maximum efficiency and minimal interruption to workflow. We're looking for someone who is diligent and is open to learning about our television broadcast systems.
You will be offered one of the following shifts:1pm-9pm or 7pm-3am PT (flexibility between these two shifts is required)
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Be involved in all aspects of facility operations - run and maintain our various broadcast studios
- Provide on-site support to members of our Fox News editorial staff
- Create schematic diagrams of our facility systems and analyze those systems to recommend improvements in workflow
- Travel and work occasional weekends and nights during the implementation of projects
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Experience in schematic diagram creation and modification using AutoDesk AutoCAD and LucidChart
- Strong problem-solving skills and the ability to troubleshoot a multitude of technical issues in the LA bureau that include; user computer and printer issues, electrical circuit troubleshooting, field equipment failure diagnosis
- Must be able to move and carry equipment used in the industry; frequent walking between two-floor levels
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Associates Degree and two years of technical experience
- Adobe Premiere and Photoshop experience
- Experience using 3D design software for the purpose of printing broadcast parts
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.