Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the direct-to-consumer subscription streaming service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 18 consecutive years, while FBN currently ranks as the number one business channel on cable. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
As FOX News Media grows, the demands on the Media Production Group (graphics) from all properties have also increased. These demands include highly produced and customized graphics for all FOX News Media platforms. These platforms include Fox News Channel, Fox Business, Fox Nation, Fox Digital, Fox Radio, Fox Books, and our newest venture FOX Weather.
As we add FOX Weather to our FOX News Media portfolio, we are an Art Director join the team in New York, NY. As the Art Director, you will work closely with the Vice President of Creative and with other department leads, but also with the department as a whole, by overseeing and providing art direction to all of our designers. You will be responsible for collaborating on end-to-end creative initiatives for FOX News Media. As the Art Director, you have extensive experience managing, creating, and implementing a strategic approach to content creation across linear, digital, and print. You will have the once in a lifetime opportunity to help build yet another FOX News Media platform from the ground up!
FOX Weather will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon Fox’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio. *
A SNAPSHOT OF RESPONSIBILITIES
- Art Direct design of campaigns and franchises that engage audiences, encourage brand affinity, and create revenue opportunities across all platforms
- Provide design direction on the day-to-day development and execution of content from inception to distribution across all platforms
- Collaborate with department leads on content planning meetings, brainstorms, and rollout meetings
- Analyze the evolution of competitive networks on all platforms
- Be part of the team responsible for emerging platform capabilities and consumer behaviors to ensure that streaming services including the new FOX Weather are first to market for activating innovative content driven campaigns
- Stay up to date on current design trends
- Develop and maintain brand guidelines to ensure a high standard and consistency across all FOX News Media platforms.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 10 years’ experience working in design and production for broadcast news and digital
- At least 5 years multiplatform experience
- Capable of management and career development of direct reports
- Ability to review content quickly and accurately, see patterns, and distill information for decision makers
- Extensive knowledge in information design and data visualization a must
- Experience in managing the overall creative design and production process from concept to completion.
- Experience in a data driven graphics broadcast environment desired (Weather, Sports, Financial News, etc.)
- Strong understanding of design principles, layout, typography, motion design, and color theory
- Expert knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite, 3D platforms (Cinema 4-D, Maya), Vizrt, Video Production, and web design
- Thorough knowledge of branding systems and identities
- Knowledge of break structures, media ownership, creative content, release dates, product co-sponsorships, and application
- Project management and organizational skills
- Experience in a high pressure environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- UI/UX experience
- Passion for weather
- A Bachelor's degree in Design/Communication
- Must show creative initiative, possess strong attention to detail and be a self-starter
- Ability to problem-solve and think on your feet while multi-tasking and work effectively with changing priorities/deadlines
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.