Vice President, Head of Weather Programming – Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
We are looking for a Vice President & Head of Programming to drive and own projects from ideation to execution. We are looking for a visionary with a healthy obsession for Weather. This is a once-in-a-career opportunity to be part of launching and creating a high profile startup venture, powered by FOX News Media.
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, engaging on-the-go audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
Your passion for weather is off the charts. You live, work and dream about producing compelling weather programming on every screen utilizing the best talent, the most innovative technology, and inspiring creative ideas.
You will help seed, grow and lead a brand new team. You’ll be part of the development of a 24/7 schedule that will include much more than the traditional forecast “wheel”; We’ll be first with breaking weather news, utilizing both Fox Weather personalities and the strength of our own Fox stations and dozens of highly accomplished meteorologists with varied interests and specialties.
You’ll create programs about the most powerful weather events, and also a daily schedule that includes explorations of innovative science and technology, climate, geology, space adventure, to name a few.
This position reports to the President of FOX Weather.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage a team of weather specialists, producers, writers, and studio production staff
- Help shape, create, and oversee production of new original programming for FOX Weather App and streaming channel
- Oversee breaking weather news coverage and interface with FOX News Media and Television meteorologists, contributors, and staff
- Collaborate with everyone from graphic artists, to studio designers, to production teams, to on and off-air talent
- Set highest editorial standards and manage on and off-air talent with utmost level of professionalism in fast-paced environment
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 10 years professional programming and production experience, including live control room skills
- Experience in local and national news and current affairs, and breaking news
- Experience and understanding of OTT, VOD, & streaming digital content on all platforms
- Enthusiasm for getting new products and platforms going and the creative energy to ignite great ideas and highly motivate direct reports and staff
- Excellent communication skills, a great collaborative spirit, and the ability to work under intense deadline pressure
- Knowledge of weather and meteorology, including forecasting tools and technology
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.