Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
Fox Business Network is looking for a Field Producer to join the D.C. Bureau. The Washington, D.C. bureau gathers news from the White House, Capitol Hill, and on location in the field to provide reporter live shots, guest interviews, and live events for the network in a fast-paced, intense atmosphere. As the Field Producer, FBN, you will use your knowledge of politics, business, economics, and television production to produce live shots for air.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Coordinate all aspects of the production of delegated assignments including booking, writing, and graphics and producing both taped segments and live shots.
- Actively pitch and develop stories with unique angles that are on brand for FOX Business to be used
- Develop and work sources on Capitol Hill, in the White House, and within agencies to break exclusive news, advance news of the day, and enterprise unique stories
- Gather editorial information and video material
- Own the production process in the field, from pitching stories, writing of the script, and supervising the editing process
- Select appropriate video and sound bites and oversee editing
- Organize and execute all aspects of the production process in the field, including large scale projects.
- Arrange travel, hiring crews, studios, and means of transmission as necessary
- Prep editorial information and video material for use on the air in reporter live shots, packages, and other forms
- Collaborate with the FBN News Desk and show teams on segments
- Understand stories that work on FOX Business
- Watch and/or attend briefings, hearings, news conferences, speeches
- Conduct interviews on camera and over the phone
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Flexibility to work various shifts and travel when needed
- Five years of experience in a major television news organization
- Experience covering business and economic news
- Ability to travel and to work long and varied schedules
- Commitment to accuracy and integrity in news coverage and solid news judgment
- Interest in business and political news
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.