Digital Content Producer- Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX Weather is looking for a Digital Content Producer to create compelling content for our FOX Weather digital platforms! As the Digital Content Producer, you will be responsible for pitching, writing, producing, and curating content of interest to the FOX Weather audience.
FOX Weather will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
This role reports to the Senior Director, Content & Media.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Produce written and video weather content for FOX Weather digital platforms
- Help manage and engage in content partnerships in an effort to surface the most compelling content
- Surface interesting weather-related content for both national and regional audiences
- Coordinate with digital news teams, fellow weather producers, and meteorologists to assure continuity in weather storytelling
- Create social media content utilizing best practices for various platforms
- Assist with the generation, aggregation, management and utilization of user-generated content
- Operate content management system for publication of stories
- Use online tools to contribute to social media accounts
- Monitor analytics and recommend strategy adjustments needed to optimize KPIs
- Work with software such as Adobe Photoshop and Premiere, WSI graphics, and Infographic programs to produce high-quality digital visuals to accompany content
- Support coverage of significant weather events
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 3 years of experience in digital journalism
- Must have a passion for weather - weather experience is a plus!
- A foundational understanding of meteorology and forecasting future weather events
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Applicable knowledge of multiplatform newsgathering tools and resources
- Ability to work under tight deadline pressure
- Social media savviness
- Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.