Executive Producer, Special Report
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
Fox News Channel’s Special Report w/ Bret Baier is looking for an Executive Producer. As the Executive Producer you will be responsible for overseeing content for a one-hour cable television news program. You will work hand in hand with host, the show team and management to facilitate a successful production and create a positive work environment for the entire team.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Serve as the editorial point person throughout the build of the show up and into the Control Room until the end of the show
- Set impeccable editorial standards and build a show with original content, the best sound and elements for each segment top to bottom
- Copy edit scripts throughout the entire broadcast including changing them throughout the live broadcast if necessary
- Work directly with the host regarding show content
- Help coordinate special projects, look ahead guest segment ideas
- Guide and mentor the team of Producers, Segment Producers, Bookers and Production Assistants
- Deliver clear direction and feedback every day
- Conduct annual reviews
- Oversee staff calendar/backup roles
- Communicate with management about rundown/guest issues/staff issues
- Coordinate with media relations on stories, big guests, big events for the future and in real time
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 8+ years show producing at a local station or news network
- 2+ years as a senior producer in a professional live news environment
- Ability to execute live segments, breaking news
- Ability to work all hours and days as breaking news requires
- Ability to travel with the host to road shows when required
- Possess technical skills, strategic thinking/decision making, and be a team player
- Ability to copy edit scripts for air
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Ability to deal with daily script deadline pressure
- Ability to react to breaking news with instant programming ideas
- Exceptional editorial skills, with the ability to recognize stories with high potential for provocative, compelling television
- Knowledge of current events, politics, and pop culture
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.