Writer, Fox News Edge
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX News Edge serves more than 175 newsrooms, providing content that is a cornerstone of local newscasts on FOX television stations across the country. We seek a top-notch overnight Writer who is energized by working on a broad portfolio of stories from politics and breaking news to entertainment. You will work as part of a team responsible for dozens of daily news stories.
You will be offered the following shift: Saturday through Wednesday overnight
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Take ownership of your stories on the Fox News Edge overnight block, a rundown of stories local Fox affiliates across the nation rely upon to fill their local newscasts
- Work with a team of writers and producers by pitching, researching and writing stories that will be seen coast-to-coast
- Become an expert on your topics, writing clear, concise scripts that tell compelling stories
- Write VOs and VO/SOTs but could be trained to occasionally write and produce packages as needed
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Prior newsroom experience
- Solid news judgment and grasp of journalism best practices
- Strong knowledge of current events
- Ability to work well with others under strict deadlines
- Excellent writing skills, an eye for spelling and grammar, and detail-oriented
- Willingness to work overnight hours
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree (preferably in a related field)
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.