Lead Engineer - Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Fox News Media is looking for a Lead Engineer for the soon-to-be-launched Fox Weather streaming platform, reporting to the Broadcast & Media Technology group at our Fox News Media facility in New York City. As the Lead Engineer, you will be responsible for engineering, technical administration and project coordination activities related to on-premise and cloud infrastructure and systems that will be used in the content production pipelines of the Fox Weather platform.
You should have a passion for broadcast engineering/IT and be comfortable with current media and streaming technologies, concepts and emerging trends including Media over IP, Cloud Computing, virtual set production, etc. You will be part of the Broadcast & Media Technology group, which has overall responsibility for Engineering, project management and administration of all technical infrastructure for Fox News Media including AWS cloud-based environments for content production.
The job may require you to perform infrequent hardware maintenance including removing, lifting and replacing equipment in server racks.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work with Engineering, IT and 3rd-party teams to manage and maintain Fox Weather’s content production pipelines and infrastructure
- Install, configure, administer and troubleshoot broadcast systems utilized in the production of the Fox Weather streaming channel
- Act as the primary technical liaison between Fox Weather production, editorial and management personnel
- Provide operational support for end-users, both technical and non-technical
- Work with internal and external 3rd-party subject matter experts and vendors to complete project objectives and resolve problems
- Lead, execute, and complete projects as directed by management
- Adhere to Fox policies and best practices in a broadcast environment
- All other duties as assigned
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor's degree in engineering, computer science or equivalent
- Experience in developing engineering systems documentation and establishing systems architectures or pipelines
- Strong engineering, IT/networking, and troubleshooting skills
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills
- Self-starter and able to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment, working both independently and as a part of a diverse team
- Project-oriented, organized and able to provide a list of previously executed projects from concept to completion
- Willingness to expand knowledge of emerging broadcast industry concepts & technologies
- Ability to work overtime, weekends/holidays, and be willing to be on call and/or work extra hours as needed based on projects, systems administration, maintenance and or emergency troubleshooting.
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- Modern studio technologies including large format media wall display systems, display processing, real-time graphics processing/compositing systems, virtual set/augmented reality technologies (rendering engines, camera tracking systems, etc.)
- Control room and production operations, including Automated Production Control systems (e.g. Ross Overdrive)
- MAM systems (e.g. Dalet, Bitcentral) including knowledge of standard media file formats
- Streaming media technologies including contribution encoders/decoders (Haivision, Live-U, etc.) and streaming protocols (SRT, RIST, RTMP, etc.)
- Data-driven, real-time graphics systems (VizRT, X2O Media)
- Weather systems and their use in the broadcast environment (e.g. The Weather Company/WSI, Baron Weather, etc.)
- Newsroom Computer (NRCS) systems (e.g. iNews)
- Adobe Creative Suite products (Photoshop, Premiere Pro)
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.