Public Relations Executive Assistant/Coordinator
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX News Channel (FNC) is a 24-hour all-encompassing news service delivering breaking news as well as political and business news. FOX News finished 2020 as the most-watched basic cable network for the fifth consecutive year and has held its number one national cable news channel status for 18 years. FNC is available in nearly 90 million homes and dominates the cable news landscape, routinely notching the top ten programs in the genre.
We are looking for a Public Relations Executive Assistant/Coordinator to serve as the point person for the Senior Executive Vice President. You are responsible for all scheduling matters and administrative duties within the department as well as PR coordinator duties.
Weekend and after-hours shifts are expected.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage phones and scheduling matters with the department, top-level executives, and outside clientele
- Uphold a strict level of confidentiality
- Develop and sustain a level of professionalism among staff, executives, and clientele
- Assist PR department with media monitoring and news coverage
- Interact with professional associates and all levels of management both internally and externally
- Handle all office administration duties, including but not limited to, ordering supplies, scheduling meetings, managing department calendars, etc.
- Prepare internal and external corporate documents for the department
- Maintain organizational systems for the department
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Bachelor’s degree
- At least two prior internship roles in the media relations/public relations/news field preferred
- Experience with administration duties
- Professional demeanor and top-notch writing skills
- Excellent research skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong project management skills
- Strong organizational skills
- Strong interest in media, politics, and current events
- Results-oriented capabilities and the ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Reliability and trustworthiness characteristics
- Ability to handle high levels of confidentiality
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Flexibility to work nights and weekends when the job requires, including a possible Wednesday-Sunday schedule
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.