Freelance Technical Director
Fox Corporation, Washington, DC USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
FOX News Media is looking for a Freelance Technical Director to join their team in Washington, D.C. As the Freelance Technical Director, you will be at the heart of live breaking news. We are the team that ensure all visual elements produced seamlessly in a high-pressure 24/7 news environment.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Switch fast paced productions seen throughout the Fox News networks
- Offer creative suggestions that enhance show productions
- Collaborate with graphic department and editorial leads as new shows are developed
- Organize and maintain switcher files, visual effects and other peripheral devices equipment associated with TD area
- Demonstrate technical ability to troubleshoot and understand video workflow
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- Three to five years’ experience as a control room Technical Director in a live news environment
- Knowledge of switchers, DVE's, Device controllers, and Video Server
- Excellent control room demeanor, proven leadership skills, team-first attitude and the ability to handle pressure in a fast paced environment
- Flexibility and willingness to work weekends and any shift in a 24-hour time period and breaking news environment
- A desire to learn new technologies, processes and/or procedures as they are implemented
- Four-year degree from accredited university or demonstrated experience in the field
- A strong interest in current events
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Knowledge of SONY switchers, DNF controllers, Nexio servers, and Ross Overdrive automated production control system
- Firsthand experience partnering with some of the best directors in TV news
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.