Executive Producer- Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Executive (Director, VP, Department Head)
We are looking for a dynamic, hardworking, and creative Executive Producer to join FOX Weather!
As the Executive Producer, you will have the opportunity to build a team and product from the ground up. You are ready to lead a team through launch and into the future. We are looking for a natural leader, a proven go-getter, and someone who wants to take their creativity, passion, and career to the next level as part of the FOX Weather launch team. You are a master of storytelling and know the power of creating compelling segments and shows for the FOX Weather audience. You are a visionary who also has strong attention to detail.
FOX Weather is an ad-supported digital weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge digital products, engaging on-the-go audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
This position reports to the Head of Programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Content development and production for a FOX Weather streaming daypart
- Work with the show team and on-air meteorologists to deliver critical weather news and feature compelling weather stories
- Manage and develop other show team members, coaching them to utilize best practices and grow in their careers
- Participate in daily team meetings to develop strategies for FOX Weather programming
- React to breaking weather news and ensure content is being covered as news happens
- Plan future coverage in anticipation of high-profile events
- Work in partnership with newsgathering resources to ensure the best content from internal partners and external sources is highlighted in our coverage
- Provide feedback on FOX Weather user experiences
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 8 years of professional programming and production experience, including live control room skills
- Must have a passion for weather - weather experience is a plus!
- Decisive and skilled management of a control room
- Strong ability to recognize stories with high potential for compelling television
- Excellent organizational and managerial skills, as well as the ability to create a collaborative environment that fosters team work
- Experience in local and national news and current affairs, and breaking news
- Experience and understanding of OTT, VOD, & streaming digital content on all platforms
- Enthusiasm for getting new products and platforms going and the creative energy to ignite great ideas and highly motivate direct reports and staff
- Excellent communication skills, a great collaborative spirit, and the ability to work under intense deadline pressure
- Knowledge of weather and meteorology, including forecasting tools and technology
- Experience with talent management
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Degree in Journalism or related field
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.