Motion Graphics/Data Visualization Designer- Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
FOX Weather is looking for a Motion Graphics/Data Visualization Designer to join their team! As the Motion Graphics/Data Visualization Designer, you are responsible for producing creative and visually compelling information graphics to support content for Fox News Media platforms including the soon-to-launch Fox Weather. You thrive in a live news environment, have the right attitude, and understand the level of commitment needed for a quick turnaround.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio. *
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Work closely with the art director, creative director, and department management to develop a visual identity for information displayed on Fox Weather and other Fox News Media properties
- Design data-driven graphics to help storytelling during broadcasts (infographics, ticker/crawl graphics, touchscreens, charts, forecasts) as well as layouts for apps and other digital products
- Ensure work aligns with network brand and editorial guidelines
- Execute same-day requests while balancing assignments with longer deadlines
- Ensure all work conforms to technical requirements and file organization standards
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5 years' experience working in graphic design, animation, and data visualization for a broadcast, digital, or OTT platform
- Extensive knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, XD, and Cinema 4D
- Experience sketching, wireframing, and prototyping experiences for graphical product
- Ability to turn abstract ideas into concrete design solutions and intuitive user experiences
- Knowledge of current design trends in the UI and visual design field
- Strong understanding of design principles, typography layout, color theory, icon design
- Refined sense of motion and animation, particularly relating to typography and logo usage
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, high-pressure news environment under tight deadlines
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design/Communication
- Knowledge of Maya, Vizrt, and immersive technologies
- Experience developing a visual identity from the ground up
- Experience designing for a weather platform or other service providing real-time data
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Content is the cornerstone to all we do, and our audience is why we do it.