Associate Producer- Fox Weather
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
Level: Experienced (Non-Manager)
We are looking for an Associate Producer to join the FOX Weather team!
FOX Weather is a weather service that will provide critical information through cutting-edge products, a go-to for audiences who seek trusted weather news and voices. A cross-divisional initiative built upon FOX’s expansive resources and trusted meteorologists, FOX Weather will provide audiences with engaging, enriched, customized weather content and information on all platforms.
As the Associate Producer, you are responsible for pitching stories, compiling research, coordinating video and graphic elements, and working hands-on with our on-air meteorologists. You will be involved with contributing to our social media presence, as well as sourcing the best user generated content. You will need strong production skills to produce informative and compelling content. You love the idea of being part of a launch team, and you thrive in a fast-paced environment.
This position reports to the Head of Programming.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch stories on a daily basis, with topics ranging from the most important breaking weather news to features on weather-related stories of interest
- Produce segments for FOX Weather programming
- Find the best sound bites, video and graphics to build the most informative and compelling segments
- Write banners, cut video and, on the rare occasion, book guests all while quickly responding to breaking weather news
- Identify strong user-generated content from multiple sources, ensuring the best elements are incorporated into FOX Weather coverage
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- At least 2 years of news or news-related production experience
- Must have a passion for weather - weather experience
- Broadcast weather display system experience
- Experience in a live control room
- Experience writing/producing segments
- Ability to meet quick deadlines and react to breaking news
- Social media savviness
- Strong communication skills to work collaboratively with team members
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree or related experience
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Home of the world’s best books.