Freelance Booker/Researcher, Fox Business News Desk
Fox Corporation, New York, NY USA
We produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands
OVERVIEW OF THE COMPANY
Fox Business NetworkFOX Business Network (FBN) is a financial news channel delivering real-time information across all platforms that impact both Main Street and Wall Street. Headquartered in New York — the business capital of the world — FBN launched in October 2007 and currently ranks among the top business channels on television. The network is available in nearly 80 million homes in all markets across the United States. Owned by FOX Corporation, FBN is a unit of FOX News Media and has bureaus in Chicago, Los Angeles, and Washington, D.C.
We are looking for a confident, highly motivated, proactive Booker/Researcher to join our team on a freelance basis. As a Booker/Researcher for the FOX Business News Desk, you will be responsible for researching, writing, and producing reporter segments. You will be tasked with generating unique stories, developing sources to advance reporting and news of the day.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Pitch unique and interesting stories that our viewers will relate to
- Collaborate with business correspondents and the news desk to generate enterprise reporting for both TV programming and FOXBusiness.com
- Present all stories (original, breaking, and aggregated) in an accessible, consistent, and compelling style
- Develop relationships and sources to break exclusive news
- Write long-form articles around this news for FOXBusiness.com
- Conduct research and compile well-rounded pre-interviews
- Manage daily deadline turnarounds of a live-show
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 3 years of experience in television or digital
- An extensive rolodex and can book everyone from high-profile guests, celebrities, and people at the center of major news stories
- A firm grasp of current events and a desire to be precise, quick, and accurate in presenting the news
- Previous booking or reporting experience
- Strong editorial judgment and a passion for news and current events
- Willing and able to work under tight deadline pressures while juggling long-term bookings
- Good talent management skills
- Strong interest and understanding of business and political news
- Ability to work off hours remotely as needed to be competitive in your bookings
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEAL BREAKER
- A Bachelor’s degree and or equivalent experience
- Finding people via Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, YouTube, Reddit
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories consistent with applicable law.
About Fox Corporation
Under the FOX banner, we produce and distribute content through some of the world’s leading and most valued brands, including: FOX News, FOX Sports, the Fox Network, and the FOX Television Stations. We empower a diverse range of creators to imagine and develop culturally significant content, while building an organization that thrives on creative ideas, operational expertise and strategic thinking.
Fox News Media
FOX News Media operates the FOX News Channel (FNC), FOX Business Network (FBN), FOX News Digital, FOX News Radio, FOX News Headlines 24/7, FOX News podcasts and the digital streaming subscription service FOX Nation. A top five-cable network, FNC has been the most watched television news channel for more than 17 consecutive years, while FBN has ranked as the number one business channel for the past two years. Owned by FOX Corporation, FOX News Media reaches 200 million people each month.
FOX Sports is the umbrella entity representing FOX Corporation’s wide array of multi-platform US-based sports assets. Built with brands capable of reaching more than 100 million viewers in a single weekend, FOX Sports includes the sports television arm of the FOX Network; FS1, FS2; FOX Soccer Plus; FOX Deportes, FOX College Sports and a majority stake in the Big Ten Network. FOX Sports includes ownership and interests in linear television networks, digital and mobile programming, broadband platforms, multiple web sites, joint-venture businesses and several licensing relationships.
FOX Entertainment, a premier national television broadcaster, is renowned for its combination of appealing primetime entertainment and powerful sports programming. It delivers 15 hours of weekly primetime programming to 208 local market affiliates, reaching approximately 99.9% of all U.S. television households. Among 18- to 34-year-olds, FOX has ranked among the top two networks in primetime entertainment for the past 23 years.
Fox TV Stations
FOX Television Stations is one of the nation’s largest owned-and-operated network broadcast groups, comprising 28 stations in 17 markets and covering over 37% of U.S. television homes. This includes seven duopolies in the top 10 markets: New York, Los Angeles, Chicago, Dallas, San Francisco, Washington, D.C. and Houston; as well as duopolies in Minneapolis, Phoenix, Orlando and Charlotte.
Want to learn more about Fox Corporation? Visit Fox Corporation's website.
Create the extraordinary.